The Boxing thread

So Rio Ferdinand-esque, gotcha

Out of interest, as I’m a little punch drunk, obviously, but didn’t you have Canelo winning the first GGG fight?
Nope I had him winning the first 3 rounds and the last 3(although I do sometimes wonder about that 9th round where Canelo landed the punch of the fight and some good combos, they were both good in that round in truth)... as did many boxing fans and ex fighters I noticed, it seemed to be the pundits who called rounds for pressure alone rather than punches landed. Each to there own though, people have a right to score the way they see it I suppose, the fight was close either way.

I also had the second fight a draw for what it's worth and many had Canelo winning that but again if I changed the way I score fights by calling rounds for simply being on the front foot then that would be double standards. I have no bias really it's just when you don't jump on the Canelo hate train "you hate tripple G" or "you must be a casual" according to fans of certain mindset apparently.

Last edited:
Yep, steroids too, not a weight cutting substance... that was the real reason for his off the rail stunts and 2 year layoff. He was supposed to go to a UKAD hearing over it but he skipped the hearing completely and somehow got cleared to fight again. Will the high and might Canelo haters treat it like for like though? Nope.

I think Fury and his team just threatened continual legal action on UKAD and they were unable to cope financially with his muscle as their budget was so small so they eventually caved in. That was my take on what happened. He came out with a load of excuses about eating uncastrated wild boar meat as the reason his nandralone levels were so high. Google's a wonderful thing when looking for an excuse.

I think Fury and his team just threatened continual legal action on UKAD and they were unable to cope financially with his muscle as their budget was so small so they eventually caved in. That was my take on what happened. He came out with a load of excuses about eating uncastrated wild boar meat as the reason his nandralone levels were so high. Google's a wonderful thing when looking for an excuse.
I don't think people will care even if he was using them though which is what annoys me the most, just because he doesn't look very athletic, subconsciously they will say he hasn't gained much of an advantage. Which isn't the right way to go about it.

I did also say, I think he deserves to put that behind him now. He kind of punished himself in a way, with the self imposed layoff but he escaped the tarnished reputation.

Last edited:
You’re very reactionary old chap, one would think you were on something

‘Do tell’ is quite self explanatory... when one is being ‘matter Of fact’ like your good self, it’s courteous to educate us less informed..
How am I reactionary for not agreeing with you?

I find that a bit rich after your attempt to label people casuals for not jumping on the Canelo hate train when I'd made my position clear on that a few post before it and you didn't seem to know what was found in his system. Which is why I wanted you to answer that, to make sure that was the case.

https://people.com/chica/canelo-alvarez-tests-positive-drug-test/#
the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association found traces of Clenbuterol, a substance that is used to burn fat and help athletes drop weight faster than normal. The drug is prohibited by anti-doping agencies.
Not all performance enhancing drugs are created equal and he's never been caught "juicing".

Last edited:
How am I reactionary for not agreeing with you?

I find that a bit rich after your attempt to label people casuals for not jumping on the Canelo hate train when I'd made my position clear on that a few post before it and you didn't seem to know what was found in his system. Which is why I wanted you to answer that, to make sure that was the case.

https://people.com/chica/canelo-alvarez-tests-positive-drug-test/#

Not all performance enhancing drugs are created equal and he's never been caught "juicing".

There was no attempt, the label exists through this approach of yours.... I’ll ask you again, what was found in his system? What was it’s purpose? Would it provide an advantage??

I see you have just commented on the presentation of a drug.... Lance Armstrong likes this

There was no attempt, the label exists through this approach of yours....

I see you have just commented on the presentation of a drug.... Lance Armstrong likes this
Haha the label exists through this approach? Claim someone's casual when they appear to know the subject better than you and simply disagree with you? Seems reasonable and mature.

I’ll ask you again, what was found in his system? What was it’s purpose?

Already in the quote with a source provided friend. ;) It was Clenbuterol, it's used to burn fat/drop weight, not a masker or anything that would flush anything more serious out of his system. It has a side effect of slight gains in skeletal muscle but it would be a poor substitute for a steroid and slow going, which is why it's not classed as steroid.

Would it provide an advantage??
Yes it would help someone make weight who might not have been able to do so otherwise(by burning fat), logically you can eat more while you train without putting on as much fat too , that's probably why it's a banned substance. I wasn't defending him breaking the rules in any way, I was disappointed to hear it because he's proved he doesn't need any of it such is his talent the GGG rematch for instance.

I see you have just commented on the presentation of a drug....
Presentation of a drug? It's not a steroid plain and simple, you used the word "juicing" which is a term applied to anabolic steroids which has no relevance to what was found in his system.

Last edited:
Haha the label exists through this approach? Claim someone's casual when they appear to know the subject better than you? Seems reasonable and mature.

Already in the quote with a source provided friend. ;) It was Clenbuterol, it's used to burn fat/drop weight, not a masker or anything that would flush anything more serious out of his system. It has a side effect of slight gains in skeletal muscle but it would be a poor substitute for a steroid and slow going, which is why it's not classed as steroid.

Yes it would help someone make weight who might not have been able to do so otherwise(by burning fat), that's why it's a banned substance.

Presentation of a drug? It's not a steroid plain and simple, you used the word "juicing" which is a term applied to anabolic steroids which has no relevance to what was found in his system.

The very fact you spent time researching I’ll give you props for but please don’t make this any more embarrassing...

Clenbuterol is also used in body building you muppet,’yes it’s a decongestant but also affords the user to retain body mass and strength.

You do realise the Drug enhances dopamine’s output in the brain?? It’s the reward drug for a reason....

Last edited:
The very fact you spent time researching I’ll give you props for but please make this any more embarrassing...

Clenbuterol is also used in body building you muppet,’yes it’s a decongestant but also affords the user to retain body mass and strength.

You do realise the Drug enhances dopamine’s output in the brain?? It’s the reward drug for a reason....
Body builders use supplements too along with many other things to gain the slightest edge(slight being the operative word, slight gains in skeletal muscle, slight increase in retention of naturally built muscle... but a massive deal made by haters trying to claim it's the same thing when science says you're wrong) but that's neither here nor there, lets stay on topic shall we?("muppet"? rather reactionary "old chap"), you displayed your "casual" lack of knowledge by using the term "juicing" which applies to anabolic steroids alone, I'd have thought an "expert" like you would have known that. Steroids are another level of cheating, there's no point in trying to say they are the same when the facts say they aren't. Just admit you were wrong and stop digging the hole you've dug yourself any deeper.

Scrambling to add dopamine output to it, something the body produces naturally shows how hard you're back peddling. The argument wasn't about whether he'd broken any rules it was how he'd broken them, it wasn't juicing end of story.

Last edited:
Body builders use supplements too but that's neither here nor there lets stay on topic shall we("muppet"? rather reactionary "old chap"), you displayed your "casual" lack of knowledge by using the term "juicing" which applies to anabolic steroids alone. Steroids are another level of cheating. Just admit you were wrong and stop digging the hole you've dug yourself any deeper.

Scrambling to add dopamine output to it, something the body produces naturally shows how hard you're back peddling. The argument wasn't about whether he'd broken any rules it was how he'd broken them, it wasn't juicing end of story.

I see, so you don’t understand...... I’m glad that’s clear for all

So terminology and semantics, cool, we’ll use your assertion that mine was wrong ie ‘juicing’, however, we’ll also assert that you know very little on drugs and follow, blindly, news articles, I only trained in the field for 7 years but that’s neither here nor there....

Dopamine, through taking this specific drug and hence bodybuilders consume it in training cycles, is the trigger hormone... digging a hole, are you insane...

On your scoring card I’m sure you’re ahead so well done champ, and the newwwwww....

I see, so you don’t understand...... I’m glad that’s clear for all

So terminology and semantics, cool, we’ll use your assertion that mine was wrong ie ‘juicing’, however, we’ll also assert that you know very little on drugs and follow, blindly, news articles, I only trained in the field for 7 years but that’s neither here or there....

Dopamine, through taking this specific drug and hence bodybuilders consume it in training cycles, is the trigger hormone... digging a hole, are you insane...

On your scoring card I’m sure you’re ahead so well done champ, and the newwwwww....
I'm arguing semantics? No pal, you were just plain wrong to claim it's the same thing as juicing, it's not. It's nowhere near as bad as steroids as a help for building muscle. You can cite as many "slight" gains and advantages as you like but slight suggests that's not the reason it was chosen in itself doesn't it? After all a banned substance is a banned substance, why not just use steroids? Aside from these slight advantages it's mainly used to keep weight down while your training from what I gather which can help in building muscle but that's not the same as what steroids do.

I'm going to take a wild guess here that you didn't know what was in his system and have googled frantically to save face which is why it took you an age to reply. Which is no big deal but try not to do that after having claimed everyone who doesn't agree with your position is a casual and definitely don't try and side step you were claiming he was caught juicing and pass that of as just "semantics" when it's not and everyone can see that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.