The Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ono, 27 Oct 2010.

1. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Whyte doesn't beat him period. He isn't good enough.

2. bluemc1

bluemc1

I saw it on seconds out website, the more you hear though make you think there’s something in it
    Dillian Whyte who’s no AJ lover said he thought Joshua didn’t look himself, leaning on ropes before first bell with his gum shield hanging out
    Also another guy said there’s rumours he was KOed in sparing and it has shattered his confidence
    Who knows but his mind wasn’t right for me.

Sorry Whyte also said Joshua just looked relieved it was over

3. phud

phud

Joshua should in no way be compared to Lennox Lewis who was an all time great Joshua is more of a Frank Bruno type fighter .

Banned Tosspot and Fat Chance like this.
  4. bluemc1

bluemc1

Not having that every heavyweight is chinny, look at McCall, Mercer, Vitali and remember that white guy with the Mohawk who fought Lewis, I couldn’t believe what I saw him take that night
    Also ALI fought for 20 odd years without ever getting knocked out

5. leighton

leighton

Your naming fighters from years gone past. The modern day fighter heavyweights are chinny its the power there hitting at even guys with chins of steel are going down. You name called some legit boxers with maybe the best defences in there time Vitali was robbed in his fight with Lewis. A nasty cut cost him his only defeat. Vitali is in my opinion 1 of the top 5 heavyweights of all time.
    Modern day fighters at times unlike the old pros if they get hit they stay hit and go down in the end and stay down. Its all about the 0 and keeping the 0 which is killing some fighters if they have more than 3 defeats there finished now adays at the top level. Years ago back in the Ali days fighters fought they got beaten they boxed again and again. Jake Lamotta had how many defeats in his time boxing. They fought on and became the legends they have been.

6. phud

phud

The modern day boxer does not punch any harder than the old school one look at the likes of ken norton & george foreman also middelweight & super middle julian jackson who pound for pound
    could bang has hard if not harder than any modern day fighter .

7. leighton

leighton

Its all about opinions my view on the heavyweights and if there all caught by a good shot they all drop in the end. If we all had the same opinions the tread would of been dead by now.
    Middleweights is totally different that division is stacked with some legit fighters with proven chins in the current division. Its so strong I would love to see a Super Series in that division. Imagine a Super Series with. Canelo , GGG , Daniel Jacobs , Jermal Charlo , Andrade and add another 3 to that list then you got the strongest Super Series out there.

8. VOOMER

VOOMER

100% agree with you. You can add Tua and Bowe and then you have Fraudley and David Price.

9. VOOMER

VOOMER

That ko of Herol Graham was both brutal and beautiful.

Banned Tosspot likes this.
  10. VOOMER

VOOMER

Maybe because AJ spent £200k on his training camp and Whyte spend £50k?