The Boxing thread

Its all about AJ. I have to say it was a good fight. Aj never recovered from the first Knock Down. The pressure of having to preform in the US might of got to him in some little way. The pressure to put on a show and win big so the fight with Wilder gets made in future. This is the worst result he could of asked for his invincibility is now gone.
The way i look at it AJ can go down the Lennox Lewis route when Lewis got back after being beaten by Hasim Rahman. Lewis went out in the rematch to KO Rahman and go down as 1 of the best Heavyweights of his generation. The same can happen still with AJ. He can take a leaf out of Wladmir Klitschko play book and play to his strengths and fight behind his jab and use his boxing ability to beat the majority of the fighters out there. You can break them down with that jab and KO a fighter in the later rounds. AJ still has those skills to play on. I sometimes think AJ will have to make a decision does he stay with McCracken or move on to a fresh start with a new trainer and new ideas. He will be foolish not to think about it but I honestly think him and McCracken will have 1 more go and run for the world titles. Lose the rematch and AJ will be in with a new trainer.

The next fight is huge for AJ loose and to be KOd he will be compared to Amir Khan. Hes chinny not good enough. I be honest every heavyweight is chinny and once you get hit you can hit the canvas. No heavyweight is able to take those power shots all there fights without 1 koing them. AJ will come back stronger and wiser and will be in some more great fights. This has made making the fights with Wilder and Fury a little bit easier in the future as they know he can be hurt and KOd.
Its all about AJ. I have to say it was a good fight. Aj never recovered from the first Knock Down. The pressure of having to preform in the US might of got to him in some little way. The pressure to put on a show and win big so the fight with Wilder gets made in future. This is the worst result he could of asked for his invincibility is now gone.
The way i look at it AJ can go down the Lennox Lewis route when Lewis got back after being beaten by Hasim Rahman. Lewis went out in the rematch to KO Rahman and go down as 1 of the best Heavyweights of his generation. The same can happen still with AJ. He can take a leaf out of Wladmir Klitschko play book and play to his strengths and fight behind his jab and use his boxing ability to beat the majority of the fighters out there. You can break them down with that jab and KO a fighter in the later rounds. AJ still has those skills to play on. I sometimes think AJ will have to make a decision does he stay with McCracken or move on to a fresh start with a new trainer and new ideas. He will be foolish not to think about it but I honestly think him and McCracken will have 1 more go and run for the world titles. Lose the rematch and AJ will be in with a new trainer.

The next fight is huge for AJ loose and to be KOd he will be compared to Amir Khan. Hes chinny not good enough. I be honest every heavyweight is chinny and once you get hit you can hit the canvas. No heavyweight is able to take those power shots all there fights without 1 koing them. AJ will come back stronger and wiser and will be in some more great fights. This has made making the fights with Wilder and Fury a little bit easier in the future as they know he can be hurt and KOd.
Joshua should in no way be compared to Lennox Lewis who was an all time great Joshua is more of a Frank Bruno type fighter .

Not having that every heavyweight is chinny, look at McCall, Mercer, Vitali and remember that white guy with the Mohawk who fought Lewis, I couldn’t believe what I saw him take that night
Also ALI fought for 20 odd years without ever getting knocked out

Not having that every heavyweight is chinny, look at McCall, Mercer, Vitali and remember that white guy with the Mohawk who fought Lewis, I couldn’t believe what I saw him take that night
Your naming fighters from years gone past. The modern day fighter heavyweights are chinny its the power there hitting at even guys with chins of steel are going down. You name called some legit boxers with maybe the best defences in there time Vitali was robbed in his fight with Lewis. A nasty cut cost him his only defeat. Vitali is in my opinion 1 of the top 5 heavyweights of all time.
Modern day fighters at times unlike the old pros if they get hit they stay hit and go down in the end and stay down. Its all about the 0 and keeping the 0 which is killing some fighters if they have more than 3 defeats there finished now adays at the top level. Years ago back in the Ali days fighters fought they got beaten they boxed again and again. Jake Lamotta had how many defeats in his time boxing. They fought on and became the legends they have been.

Your naming fighters from years gone past. The modern day fighter heavyweights are chinny its the power there hitting at even guys with chins of steel are going down. You name called some legit boxers with maybe the best defences in there time Vitali was robbed in his fight with Lewis. A nasty cut cost him his only defeat. Vitali is in my opinion 1 of the top 5 heavyweights of all time.
Modern day fighters at times unlike the old pros if they get hit they stay hit and go down in the end and stay down. Its all about the 0 and keeping the 0 which is killing some fighters if they have more than 3 defeats there finished now adays at the top level. Years ago back in the Ali days fighters fought they got beaten they boxed again and again. Jake Lamotta had how many defeats in his time boxing. They fought on and became the legends they have been.
The modern day boxer does not punch any harder than the old school one look at the likes of ken norton & george foreman also middelweight & super middle julian jackson who pound for pound
could bang has hard if not harder than any modern day fighter .

The modern day boxer does not punch any harder than the old school one look at the likes of ken norton & george foreman also middelweight & super middle julian jackson who pound for pound
Its all about opinions my view on the heavyweights and if there all caught by a good shot they all drop in the end. If we all had the same opinions the tread would of been dead by now.
Middleweights is totally different that division is stacked with some legit fighters with proven chins in the current division. Its so strong I would love to see a Super Series in that division. Imagine a Super Series with. Canelo , GGG , Daniel Jacobs , Jermal Charlo , Andrade and add another 3 to that list then you got the strongest Super Series out there.

100% agree with you. You can add Tua and Bowe and then you have Fraudley and David Price.

That ko of Herol Graham was both brutal and beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.