The Boxing thread

I was just going to say that he looked just as big as Parker when they had them on stage at the weigh-in in New York.

When I first saw him a few weeks ago on the telly I couldn't believe how big he was. If his weight holds up and doesn't affect his overall technique and speed I'm confident he'll beat everyone except a 50/50 with Fury.

Yeah he looks big enough decent reach fast hands and has been in some big fights at Cruiserweight. I dont think he would fear anyone up at heavyweight. Not as if Ukraine hasnt produced heavyweight champions in the past with the Brothers holding world titles for what seemed years until both retired. He could well be there next World Champion at Heavyweight.

When I first saw him a few weeks ago on the telly I couldn't believe how big he was. If his weight holds up and doesn't affect his overall technique and speed I'm confident he'll beat everyone except a 50/50 with Fury.
I think he beats Fury personally if his chin holds up at the weight, overrated for me but nobody is hyped up more than Wilder who would be nothing without his power. Usyk has the potential to be something else but not everyone makes the step up to heavyweight smoothly.

Everyone seems to go over the top about AJ all the time, either he's the best HW alive or hes the most overrated. He didn't look comfortable at any point in the fight, he was going back in straight lines and not establishing any kid of jab, it was a mistake but for someone with a good amateur record like he has, it's something that can be easily adjusted. He clearly has a chin even though people will say he doesn't, he took a big shot which was behind the ear and that's the worst place for losing your equilibrium, but he got up each time and was saved by the ref. IMO he needs to think seriously about losing some muscle and look at improving his speed and movement rather than just sparking someone out, he'll always have that power as his technique is decent.

I was however quite disappointed in Macracken, although i think hes a good coach, his advice in the corner wasn't in keeping with where the fight was. It was clear to everyone and should have especially been clear to Macraken that AJ was shook, he should have been making better use of the ring and clinching when needed, getting through 2 rounds unscathed would have helped a lot to get his wits back. Macracken needs to watch the tape back and think on that IMO, although he has so much experience i'm sure he can learn a lot from this fight as a trainer.

Most balanced analysis I've seen, although I do believe he was KO'd in sparring before the fight, it was too widely circulated to dismiss IMO:

Not sure if he was injured but wouldn't rule it out either, it's not the first time a team has hidden/denied an injury for a big money fight to go ahead, maybe they were just banking on an early KO. I doubt it's a long term one as he would have been a lot more devastated. The other rumour was an illness but that came after the fight not before it as the others did, as far as I'm aware.

Even if there were reasons he was off his best that wont be there next time, it still doesn't mean a rematch will be easy. He'll be way more confident next time Andy Ruiz Jr and probably show a wont quit attitude, knowing he's already forced a stoppage once.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.