The Boxing thread

Khan got smashed again. I knew he would

You cant win if you aint got a chin! The first thing i was told when i went boxing training

Khan is delusional, goes into fights talking about his next fight. Always has an excuse when he loses, believes the ridiculous hype he receives.

You know your shit when Freddie Roach cant save you

Haye's not good enough for the top of the division? No hes not good enough for the Klitschko's. He is the 3rd best heavyweight in the world whether you like him or not, saying Fury is better than Haye must be the joke of the year. The closest thing to Haye and the Klitschko's is David Price, Adamek, Povetkin and a fairly unknown aussie called Lucas Browne and they are a all a long way back.

leighton said:
Conor bashing Haye again lol. Conor the Klitschkos know that the only fight that will sell for either of them is a Haye fight its the biggest money earner for either brother barring the 2 brothers fighting each other but that will never happen. Thats why Haye is needed by Vitali. Vitali might have 1 more fight 1 more big pay day before he retires a fight with Haye would be the biggest pay day for him than fighting some bum instead.

Oh and what did you make of Khan last night Conor???

Any fight that the Klitschko's have will sell for them. They sell out stadiums wherever they fight. Neither of them need Haye, it's very much the other way round. I'm not getting why you think Haye is this huge draw anyway, sky box office fucked him off cos his numbers were poor and he struggled to sell about 40% of Upton Park out even with the hype behind that 'grudge match'.

I don't want to see Haye get another payday and be dominated once again, I'd much rather see someone else more deserving get the shot like Povetkin, Price or even Fury. At least Fury would have a go.

Khan looked classy for 3 rounds, made Garcia look amateur at times before being caught with a hayemaker. His chin is obviously poor so he wasn't able to recover between rounds. If he could've recovered quicker he probably would've began to control the fight once more but hey, that's Boxing. One punch can change a fight.

ImAwesome said:
Haye's not good enough for the top of the division? No hes not good enough for the Klitschko's. He is the 3rd best heavyweight in the world whether you like him or not, saying Fury is better than Haye must be the joke of the year. The closest thing to Haye and the Klitschko's is David Price, Adamek, Povetkin and a fairly unknown aussie called Lucas Browne and they are a all a long way back.

Adamek got destroyed by Vitali. I always thought him v Haye would be a cracker. That would basically be a Cruiserweight fight though

Can anyone tell me when the last time a Klitschko headlined a World title fight in Vegas??? I think Wlad was 2008 and Vit was 2009 says how bad the heavyweight division has got if they havnt headlined a show in the US. But for Vegas I think it could well be even longer wow just checked it the 2 brothers boxed in Vegas in 2004 8 years ago holy fuck you know its bad when no one in the US wants to see you fighting.

leighton said:
Can anyone tell me when the last time a Klitschko headlined a World title fight in Vegas??? I think Wlad was 2008 and Vit was 2009 says how bad the heavyweight division has got if they havnt headlined a show in the US. But for Vegas I think it could well be even longer wow just checked it the 2 brothers boxed in Vegas in 2004 8 years ago holy fuck you know its bad when no one in the US wants to see you fighting.

I remember Golden Boy tried to promote Vitali to the US but he was too boring and after a couple of fights people stopped turning up. These 2 have killed heavyweight boxing. Although it was always going to happen when Lewis went

leighton said:

Europeans dominate Heavy Weight boxing so the big fights are in Europe.

Sell out a football stadium in Europe or a hotel in the US?

I prefer boxing not at 4 or 5 am.

conormcfc said:
leighton said:
Conor bashing Haye again lol. Conor the Klitschkos know that the only fight that will sell for either of them is a Haye fight its the biggest money earner for either brother barring the 2 brothers fighting each other but that will never happen. Thats why Haye is needed by Vitali. Vitali might have 1 more fight 1 more big pay day before he retires a fight with Haye would be the biggest pay day for him than fighting some bum instead.

Oh and what did you make of Khan last night Conor???

Any fight that the Klitschko's have will sell for them. They sell out stadiums wherever they fight. Neither of them need Haye, it's very much the other way round. I'm not getting why you think Haye is this huge draw anyway, sky box office fucked him off cos his numbers were poor and he struggled to sell about 40% of Upton Park out even with the hype behind that 'grudge match'.

I don't want to see Haye get another payday and be dominated once again, I'd much rather see someone else more deserving get the shot like Povetkin, Price or even Fury. At least Fury would have a go.

Khan looked classy for 3 rounds, made Garcia look amateur at times before being caught with a hayemaker. His chin is obviously poor so he wasn't able to recover between rounds. If he could've recovered quicker he probably would've began to control the fight once more but hey, that's Boxing. One punch can change a fight.

Regarding Sky it wasnt because of Haye they dropped PPV. lol. Fuck all people were buying PPV because most people were finding it hard with the on going recession. Dont forget Warren tried it with the Super 6 didnt sell and Hayes fights. Haye is a great promotor of his fights you cant knock him for that as he does sell tickets. Fuck me for the Valuez fight were he won the Heavyweight title he was on every single show trying to sell that PPV and did it and got decent numbers. As I said earlier Haye v Wlad was the worst I have seen Haye in years fighting. No spring in his step nothing at all didnt look like his explosive self that night. Look at him last night he still has it. A fight with Vitali could be made even Adam Booth has said it time and time again they keep changing the contract all the time.

As for Khan whenever Garica landed on Khan it caused him problems. Khan the boxer would of won that fight. I am shocked Freddie Roach didnt get him to box Garcia at range as he would of won the fight if he did that. Getting into a war with a fighter who is strong with both hands is just madness. Khan was lucky to get out of the 3rd round. Bayless is a top class ref but I was shocked he let him go on. Khan brought up weight issues before the fight so if he is planing a move up in the weight I would fear for him. He should stay were he is for the time being until he can no longer make the weight.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
leighton said:

I remember Golden Boy tried to promote Vitali to the US but he was too boring and after a couple of fights people stopped turning up. These 2 have killed heavyweight boxing. Although it was always going to happen when Lewis went
Correct since Lewis and Evandar Holyfield retired or lost the sparkle the heavyweight boxing in the US has gone to shit.

leighton said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
bell_mcfc said:
You forget that Haye is a cruiser weight, and he actually went on to win a heavyweight belt. Infact when a cruiser weight he unified the division and was the best of that bunch, the reason he moved up. The reason he has to fight Chisora and even Harrison is because they found it increasingly difficult to get a fight with the Klitschko's, but when he had and if he gets another he will get beat because he's just not the right build to fight against them.

I haven't forgotten, but he's a heavyweight and wants to be judged as such at this time.

Joe the weight he is giving up on other heavyweights is just crazy. In no other weight class would the weight difference be as big as that. You look at Money and Pacman moving up the weights all the time not a lot of difference compared with Hayes jump.
In my opinion to get the heavyweights back to were they belong they should bring back the Super Heavy weights again. I would love to see the glory days return but there is no way thats going to happen until they bring back the Super Heavy weight division.

I have to agree here, the weight and reach he is giving up on is just too much, yet he still beat experienced heavyweights like, Valuev, Ruiz, Harrison and Chisora. So when judging him in the heavyweight division he is the 3rd best. Vitali had to go to 12 rounds with Chisora so that shows Haye is no bad fighter.

As a boxing fan, i'll be honest I only really bother with the heavweight fights, its just something about them that makes it better in my opinion. Apart from Hatton, because he's a blue, and the big fights, Dela Hoya/Manny/Mayweather it just doesnt entertain me, and Haye brings something to the Heavyweight division that it lacks because of the lack of big names. Its a shame the brothers have all the belts, because they wil never fight unless one does a giggsy. Id love to see Haye fight Vitali, because i think it would be alot closer than Wladimir, then drop down to crusierweight for one last fight if theres a big one there possible. I wouldnt know as i dont watch crusierweight boxing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.