The Boxing thread

Yeah because AJ isn’t chinny or a limited boxer either is he
with a shit corner behind him as well. Joshua's tactics against Usyk were laughable, never once tried to use his size and strength to bully Usyk and make it a proper scrap. Usyk is a great technical boxer, so Joshua and his corner tried to make it a boxing match, the fight was so clean it was like 2 pro's fighting under amateur rules. Joshua could win the rematch, but only if he grows a pair, pushes Usyk back, be all over him like a rash, and look to smoke him, but to do that he has to take chances, the question is does he have the heart and desire for fights like that . Fury beats both easily though, no problem for me.

Fair argument. Completely agree regarding Usyk and Wilder, that would be death by a 1000 cuts. Aj and Wilder I think is closer than that. The one thing I question about AJ is his punch resistance and his own willingness to test his chin, since the Ruiz fight I do wonder if something has gone. I thought he look incredibly tentative in the Usyk fight and at times he looked nervous about taking Usyk shots. Compare that to the AJ who walked through Vlad. Aj is a better boxer than Wilder no doubt, Wilder defence is poor and consist of blocking punches with his face. But that right hand is something else, if he catches AJ I'm not sure he would have the recovery of Fury and then the fight spins on a coin.

But what a great time for HW boxing, you have to hope these 4 fighters face each other, it could be a modern 4 Kings again. I hope to christ over the next 2 years these fights get made.
A reasoned response, nice to see it's possible on this thread. Haha.

Yeah because AJ isn’t chinny or a limited boxer either is he
Limited compared to who exactly? AJ outboxes most of the current top 10 bar Fury and Usyk. That doesn't make him a limited boxer. Wilder gets outboxed by fighters outside of the top 10, he's that limited.

A chinny fighter doesn't get up from the best punch of a fighter with 53KOs to his name. He didn't even go down from the first right hand Wlad landed. That was a massive right Wlad landed at the end of the 5th.

Last edited:
Limited compared to who exactly? AJ outboxed most of the current top 10 bar Fury and Usyk. That doesn't make him a limited boxer. Wilder gets outboxed by people outside of the top 10, he's that limited.

A chinny fighter doesn't get up from the best punch of a fighter with 53KOs to his name. He didn't even go down from the first right hand Wlad landed. That was a massive right Wlad landed at the end of the 5th.
His last 3 fights have been poor wouldn't you agree? He's not the same fighter the unbeaten Joshua' was. Boxing can do that, some are never the same again after a bad loss. Others can shrug it off and come back stronger, i wouldn't be putting AJ in that category after what he's shown recently.

His last 3 fights have been poor wouldn't you agree? He's not the same fighter the unbeaten Joshua' was. Boxing can do that, some are never the same again after a bad loss. Others can shrug it off and come back stronger, i wouldn't be putting AJ in that category after what he's shown recently.
No I wouldn't agree. Ruiz Jr 2 and Pulev(IBF mandatory btw) were not poor performances by any stretch of imagination.

AJ outboxes Ruiz Jr over 12 rounds with a low risk strategy and it's called a poor performance? The excuses Ruiz Jr came up with were proven to be lies, his own sparring partner(Michael Hunter) told a completely different story of how that training camp went. He never missed a day of that training camp apart from one for a cold, he said they both worked their arses off so to speak.

AJ completely dismantles Pulev, making him turn his back and run for cover and that's a poor performance? He outboxed a very decent boxer there(better than Ortiz, he beats him) and made him look ordinary. Knocked him out, the result never looked in doubt, he ran rings around him in truth, Pulev couldn't handle the footwork and the angles AJ was finding. Bob Arum was certain Pulev would walk through him. He was nowhere to be seen after that fight was he? Because he was talking shite before it.

In the last fight AJ made a mistake with his gameplan against Usyk. Nobody in this division outboxes Usyk, not even Fury, I'm certain of it. I'm not sure why there wasn't at least a plan B. Spencer Fearon said Hearn told him privately that AJ injured his right arm in training for the fight. Maybe that had something to do with it but much like Lomachenko's excuse after losing to Lopez, you either postpone or take the fight with no excuses, the gameplan was still wrong.

Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree. You can have your opinions, I can have mine. At least you gave yours respectfully.

Last edited:
Anyone an ounce over 200lbs can fight at heavyweight, just as a cruiserweight will actually be 210lbs in the ring. All cruiserweights have no problem at all fighting at heavyweight, although they could lose their belts of they don't get permission in writing to fight at a different weight class.

When a cruiserweight fights they would have safety weigh-ins prior to a fight, e.g. they need to make 220lbs 30 days before and 210 lbs 7 days before, and can make 200lbs 24-30hrs before and back up to around 210 is likely.
You're right my brained turned to mush with sleep deprivation, dunno why I mentioned Joe Frazier alongside Marciano or Louis he always weighed over 200lbs he naively even gained a chunk of extra weight for each of the Foreman fights, was meaning to say a lot of heavyweight greats have weighed a lot less than 200lbs, even remember Roy Jones weighing around the early 190s when he stepped up... Just think the newer weight requirements are a load of shite.

Marciano mostly weighed under 190 as did Joe Louis and both packed serious punching power.

Sign here if you think Paul Smith’s a **** !! Diabolical behaviour from him at the weekend. An ex pro should know better.

I'm not a big boxing fan but that fight was a classic.

Fury is a real character and even though he has many flaws he is very likeable. His performance in the night club post fight was great and surely he has built a huge US following.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.