The Boxing thread

Yeah just seen that, shocked to be honest
I wanted to see what would happen if on DAZN, if they would honour the £7.99 pcm subscribers or go a different route.

One local club will show it at that time without paying sky a penny.

Fascinating what you can find out about history...

Worth clicking the link.

It's a shame the way he was done dirty by some officials at the time.

Stepping up to square with heavier fighters the way he did deserves a doff on it's own n to really take it to em even more so.

Sad endings to his career but proper humbling was his content attitude at life n wants in the world!

My Pops had shit loads of boxing mags that featured all the fighters of that era, good to see 'Barbados Joe'/Joe Walcott mentioned in that vid too, we had a picture of him on our wall. (& many others)

When i hear the term the 'World's most loneliest sport' being banded around in this day n time, it's friggin laughable compared to what the likes of Langford was made to endure.

Lennox Clarke was stopped wayyy to early before. Bobbins stoppage that
Agreed, jus seen it, them short uppercuts from Heffron did look damaging if truth be told but, that stoppage is very questionable!

Clarkes legs never looked like giving way, he defo felt them uppercuts but his legs remained stern.

As for the 2 target punches landing at the end, Clarke looked capable of at least parrying off any further ones launched n thus could've seen out the round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.