The Boxing thread

That Usyk AJ undercard is fairly mediocre. It is also eerily quiet on the PR front for this considering we're only a few weeks away.

Interesting fight on 5 Eubank Vs Chavez, showing some grit Eubank
Good learning curve that for Harlem Eubank, i thought at first that he was telegraphing a lot with the left jab n expected more follow up overs with the right but then realized he's actually very calculated in the way he tee's it up without exerting too much energy.

Do like his bobbin n weaving too, he did very well to remain cool n composed after that double late hit in the 7th, he still should've had his guard up in some form or other whilst a/the potential threat still lurked regardless of the refs shout, it's a golden rule not to completely switch off like that even though he wasn't in the wrong.

Chavez n his corner can't really complain with the warning given in the 7th, he's nearer to the ref than Eubank was, yet Eubank stopped immediately on the shout. That 2nd late hit of the two wasn't nice viewing!

It were always the case of not if but 'when' the next late hit would occur, warning not heeded n rightly disqualified in the 9th, lost in translation card out the window, the ref even stepped in with his hands n Chavez failed to read both the motion, or the shout!

---------------------------------------------------

Kelly vs Bastida was nowt to write home about, in my personal opinion, did what he had to do did Josh n rightly got the decision.

I expected much more Mackhams to be visible n in attendance for such a short trip to the Toon, even expected it to kick right off if truth be told lol ...hats off to the vociferous Mackhams that backed their lad.

Oh, n Troy Williamson in a Newcastle shirt as Josh is getting interviewed ringside, haha

The Billam-Smith v Chamberlain fight was superb,probably the fight of the year.

Both proper warriors who were not for losing.

CBS deservedly got the result though.

Reactions: ell
Knew a great young boxer at school, so not that long ago. Didn't get on with him. He broke my nose once. Then he got his license and started moving up the ranks. By all accounts he was going somewhere.
Got charged with murder today. Some town I live in.

Knew a great young boxer at school, so not that long ago. Didn't get on with him. He broke my nose once. Then he got his license and started moving up the ranks. By all accounts he was going somewhere.
Got charged with murder today. Some town I live in.
Do you live in Lincolnshire?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.