The Boxing thread

I’m struggling to remember in 40 odd years of watching boxing, such a one sided demolition ever get reversed in a rematch, as it would be if Joshua won. I’ve probably forgotten a really obvious one though.

For me anything better than odds of 1/2 is just buying money.

The only very slight doubt I’ve got is reading one journalist say they don’t think it looks like Usyk’s heart is in it. That is mind is back home in the war. I’ve not seen that repeated by anyone else though, so I happy with my original thoughts.

just seen sky box office want £26.95 for this.are they taking the piss there is a cost of living crisis going on.for me if you have a full sports subscription it should be free
Take the £27 and either spend it at the boozer watching (you'll need a few more sheckles as that ain't gonna last too long) or use it to get yourself set up on IPTV.

You do not need to pay it matey........

I fear for him if it again goes past 6, Usyk is such a slick operator, I reckon he’s prepared for an early onslaught, then wears him down second half again, can actually see AJ going over this time and being stopped!
To be fair, I imagine we are generally all aligned that Joshua's 'chance' in this is through sheer weight and blood force trauma in the first 4(?) rounds?

I can't see that he grinds Usyk down in that timescale or catches him clean enough to stop him.

I think it'll be a another procession.

I'll be the first to congratulate AJ if I'm wrong as Usyk is a fantastic operator.........

Just watching Joshua giving it the street fight talk which is all well and good untill like in round 3 of the first fight when usyk pings him and then he goes into jab and move for the rest of the fight and hopes the judges favour . I give Joshua a punchers chance as in heavyweight boxing one punch can change the fight but usyk is on another level and he is fighting for his people which makes him a very dangerous and formidable opponent . Also mind ganes don’t work on him and he also has the skill set to adjust in the fight accordingly. Looking forward to this fight .

I'm not overwhelmingly convinced on this one, as yet anyhow, tho i maybe proven wrong nearer the bout once the hype machine goes into full pelt, listening to both on radio earlier didn't really sell the idea.

Don't know if its the thought of the seniors basically trying to vicariously recreate the classic bouts of yesteryear through their littluns or the littluns themselves genuinely wanting to recreate or re-enact for nostalgia!?

Either way, one fight won't be the last of it!

We were all living in the moment when the seniors got it on n the organic pathways n taste for it leading up to all those events in that era still remains an hard act to follow.

...Kevin McEnroe Vs Leo Borg at Wimbledon anybody?
Don’t understand this fight tbh as benn has given up a chance of a world title shot to take Eubank jnr As it looks like money has made him change his mind . Not that fussed about the fight tbh but if I had to pick a winner I’d say Eubank jnr has benn is a bit chinny and jnr will probably knock him out .

Just watching some pool cleaning videos on yt (i don't know why i was either) and sw Chisora helping these lads. Nice to see really, he seems a legit down to earth humble guy.

Don’t understand this fight tbh as benn has given up a chance of a world title shot to take Eubank jnr As it looks like money has made him change his mind .
It still has an overall gimmicky feel to it that could never be compared to the organic nature of the first bout the seniors partook in way back when.

Granted it's not exactly on the same levels of a lot of the daft same/cross-sport 'exhibition' types of events that do the rounds n are pointless in the main n drain the pockets of the gullible who have bought into the idea of this whole 'Legacy fight' conjure up ...it's pretty close though!

Now not sure if i'm really that surprised tickets sold out in less than an hour of going on release.

Not that fussed about the fight tbh but if I had to pick a winner I’d say Eubank jnr has benn is a bit chinny and jnr will probably knock him out .
Good point about the chin, although in all fairness a lot of the otherwise normalities in their respective styles will be chucked out the window a tad, once you factor in the set catchweight.

I think that will suit Benn better if the bout draws on n he's manages to avoid or parry off Jnr's quick burst jabs.
I honestly reckon the more the bout goes on, the more easier Benn will feel closer to his normal composition in regards stamina n energy in reserves.

Gonna be a very interesting Weigh-in, for every pound gain incurred over the set 156/7 Ibs by either of em means coughing up $100K

Last edited:
It still has an overall gimmicky feel to it that could never be compared to the organic nature of the first bout the seniors partook in way back when.

Granted it's not exactly on the same levels of a lot of the daft same/cross-sport 'exhibition' types of events that do the rounds n are pointless in the main n drain the pockets of the gullible who have bought into the idea of this whole 'Legacy fight' conjure up ...it's pretty close though!

Now not sure if i'm really that surprised tickets sold out in less than an hour of going on release.

Good point about the chin, although in all fairness a lot of the otherwise normalities in their respective styles will be chucked out the window a tad, once you factor in the set catchweight.

I think that will suit Benn better if the bout draws on n he's manages to avoid or parry off Jnr's quick burst jabs.
I honestly reckon the more the bout goes on, the more easier Benn will feel closer to his normal composition in regards stamina n energy in reserves.

Gonna be a very interesting Weigh-in, for every pound gain incurred over the set 156/7lb by either of em means coughing up $100K
What weight is it at ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.