The Boxing thread

Good fight from 2 great boxers. Congrats Usyk well deserved, hopefully a big performance and win in the rematch by Fury will set up the trilogy

I am disappointed as I watched Tyson at Wythenshawe Forum back in the day, but it was the correct decision. Usyk is a highly skilled, determined fighter with a tremendous desire. I couldn't hear what was going on in Tyson's corner but having a trainer and your dad doesn't seem like the best idea. If they were not telling him that he needed a stoppage in the last three rounds then they were not giving him good advice, regardless of how close the scores ended.

I am disappointed as I watched Tyson at Wythenshawe Forum back in the day, but it was the correct decision. Usyk is a highly skilled, determined fighter with a tremendous desire. I couldn't hear what was going on in Tyson's corner but having a trainer and your dad doesn't seem like the best idea. If they were not telling him that he needed a stoppage in the last three rounds then they were not giving him good advice, regardless of how close the scores ended.
They told him he was winning in the corner before the 11th and then they told him that he just needed to win the last round to win the fight.

Going off two of the judges scorecards they weren't as wrong a s they should have been.

The Comms had usyk up by 4 or 5, in the previous fight they were bang on the money with the judges.
Yet again a bit dodgy for me, Usyk was the worthy winner imo

Just recovered from watching that, great fight, I honestly didn’t think Usyk had it in him to do Fury like he did so fair fucks.

If the belts are gonna go overseas I’m glad they are going to a guy like Usyk and not some daft **** like Wilder. I was proud of Fury when he congratulated Usyk up until he mentioned the invasion of Ukraine, found it properly weak.

Hold my hands up though, well done Usyk!
The stupid thing is, if anything subconsciously affected the viewpoint of the judges, it was the behaviour of his dad.
He should have gone and congratulated Usyk, gone on his way, fucked his dad off and worked on staying out the way of those left hands. It was a good fight last night and everyone would have looked forward to a rematch.
After the behavior of his dad and his own behaviour after the fight, Fury will not get much sympathy today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.