The Boxing thread

It’s not the same thing. I’m not saying the standing 8 is still a thing.

But the laws of Queensbury rules state if the ropes are the only thing keeping a boxer standing then the ref can administer a count.

It’s different to a standing 8 where a big shot backs a fighter up and the ref counts (like in amateurs)
Sorry but that doesn't make sense. One minute you are saying the standing 8 is not still a thing, but then you are defending the referee's right for calling one last night. Can you remind me when you last saw this in a pro bout, I can't recall seeing this being called recently, but I could be wrong.

I think the ref stopped Usyk from getting a knockout win last night. Questions should be asked, but we all know they won't in the murky world of boxing. Several pro fighters have already questioned that decision last night. At best it was a very strange call imo.

Sorry but that doesn't make sense. One minute you are saying the standing 8 is not still a thing, but then you are defending the referee's right for calling one last night. Can you remind me when you last saw this in a pro bout, I can't recall seeing this being called recently, but I could be wrong.

I think the ref stopped Usyk from getting a knockout win last night. Questions should be asked, but we all know they won't in the murky world of boxing. Several pro fighters have already questioned that decision last night. At best it was a very strange call imo.
100% this.

When the referee jumped in then surely the fight should be stopped! Why give Fury a standing count? He either lets the fight continue so Usyk can finish him off OR jump in stop the fight and stop Usyk giving him more punishment.

He done neither. Pathetic.

because the ropes kept him up. That’s the reason? A standing 8 count is different to a knockdown.

It was class as a knockdown, not a standing count.

If you read back further, you’d see I actually originally said I believe the fight should be stopped so not defended the ref, just explained the rules or possible thought process of the ref

Like I said personally I thought fury was out on his feet, referee decided it was the ropes keeping him from being knocked down (different to standing mandatory count)

Seems like your just arguing for the sake of it

because the ropes kept him up. That’s the reason? A standing 8 count is different to a knockdown.

It was class as a knockdown, not a standing count.

If you read back further, you’d see I actually originally said I believe the fight should be stopped so not defended the ref, just explained the rules or possible thought process of the ref

Like I said personally I thought fury was out on his feet, referee decided it was the ropes keeping him from being knocked down (different to standing mandatory count)

Seems like your just arguing for the sake of it
Fair enough, but I'm certainly not arguing for the sake of it. I certainly stand by what I said. It was a very weird decision, that just doesn't happen these days.

Anyway we shall have to agree to dissagree. I have a game to get ready for, I hope you do to. Have a great day.

Fair enough, but I'm certainly not arguing for the sake of it. I certainly stand by what I said. It was a very weird decision, that just doesn't happen these days.

Anyway we shall have to agree to dissagree. I have a game to get ready for, I hope you do to. Have a great day.

I don’t disagree with you, I think it was a poor decision myself from the ref as fury had already bounced off the rope before that I think the should of be waved off.

But the ref technically had the option there to rule a knockdown.

I don’t think he does the same if the smaller man is taking the bombs.

You too. Hopefully the were not talking about refs this evening!

Whilst I agree about being in decline generally.

He’s a game raiser. Fights to the level of his opponent.

That was the best fury we’ve seen since wilder 2, or maybe even Klitschko in my opinion

That’s how good Usyk is.
Yeah, thought he lost and was happy he did. However also thought he was very good. Definitely needs the big fights to raise his game.

I thought it was a great fight, loved it. Fury had it under control after those middle rounds but got complacent and paid the ultimate price. There were a few rounds that could have gone either way so nothing wrong with the decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.