The Boxing thread

AJ hyped beyond belief for fkn years

The alarming thing was that first knock down, he never saw it coming at all, guard was by his side and his entire head was exposed with a big fucking lamp on it that read ‘hit me’. Stepping in a ring with that kind of lack of defence (or was it arrogance?) against a hitter like Dubois is suicide. Or maybe he just shouldn’t be in the ring anymore with that level of fighter. Love Dubois, hope he carries on like this, its great to see a proper puncher in the division again.
Arrogance the man reeks of it nothing more than a poster boy ............hope thats him done now.

100% this.

The most over hyped boxer to have lived. Just don't see what his supporters see in him, poor defence, so vulnerable hopefully no more world title fights.
His interviews are dreadful.
Sky pay a fortune to put on his beatings and he stands there with earphones in, barely looking at the interviewer, saying, 'I'm in the zone'!!!

Prick!

10 years ago I put Joshua ahead of Fury skill wise. I was clearly wrong, I've never really rated Fury that much, but admit he surprised me with a couple of his results. He is a decent boxer. Joshua on the other hand has turned out to be very limited.

He should retire now before he gets hurt. Although I expect he will have one more a big money making hype match with Fury after he loses to Usyk again in December.

10 years ago I put Joshua ahead of Fury skill wise. I was clearly wrong, I've never really rated Fury that much, but admit he surprised me with a couple of his results. He is a decent boxer. Joshua on the other hand has turned out to be very limited.

He should retire now before he gets hurt. Although I expect he will have one more a big money making hype match with Fury after he loses to Usyk again in December.
Title eliminator with Fury to see who is world champion tosser. That should be a close one. Both fighters have lost to Usyk who is a good fighter but not a true heavyweight. They are both lucky that they have been around in a time where there is no great fighters, unlike Murray in tennis who can count himself a trifle unlucky to have Nadal, Federer and Djokovic in his way

AJ showed all the ring craft of a white collar fighter.
Not far off that to be honest. AJ has never had a especially complex defence but the head movement in there was novice like. Similar to Joe Joyce against Zhang he looked like so easy to hit in the face it was scary. Throwing punches an not moving the head is terrible, doing that against a heavy handed puncher is suicide. His trainer did not manage that corner well, AJ actually showed a lot of balls to keep throwing and keep going, but round two he should have got on his bike and used his longer reach. Might not have made a difference, Dubois could have walked him down but at least it would have given him a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.