The Boxing thread

Absolutely agree mate, I said that to my lad he also boxes and will be turning pro in 2 years so he will also be sucking fat Saudi dick lol.
Fair play to your lad, I hope he gets to were he wants to be in the sport. I boxed for years at a decent standard but never turned pro, My young lad is currently boxing he's 9 years of age and loves it he's doing it since he's 5.

In my opinion, Boxers should get millions for a fight they are well within their rights to ask for a massive payday, They are putting their lives on the line everytime they step into the ring, It's one of the most (if the the most) dangerous sport in the world.

Take last night as an example, Frazer Clarke is one lucky man that he's OK, Could of easily been killed, brain damaged or eating food from a straw.

Give the Boxers a hefty purse for every fight no questions asked, At the end of the day, If they don't step in the ring then the powers that be don't have a sport.

They basically own boxing now.

They pay the WBC and WBA and are official 'partners'. Canelo is ranked #36 in the Saudis rankings at SMW.

The Saudis tried to buy the Website BoxRec. They refused, the Sauids then fucked their website and stole the data from it and set up a website called fight facts.

The Saudis are close to buying and owning Ring Magazine, the bible of boxing. Ring, who were always independent (like BoxRec) and who we all accepted 99% of the time had the right official champion at all the weights regardless of all the belts floating about.

Being Ring Magazine champ is huge. Not any more. The Saudis can do what they want with all the belts now and full control over all the rankings.
People accuse City of sportswashing, but this is where the real sportswashing magic happens.

And yet, the Saudis have actually made boxing so much more interesting

Fair play to your lad, I hope he gets to were he wants to be in the sport. I boxed for years at a decent standard but never turned pro, My young lad is currently boxing he's 9 years of age and loves it he's doing it since he's 5.

In my opinion, Boxers should get millions for a fight they are well within their rights to ask for a massive payday, They are putting their lives on the line everytime they step into the ring, It's one of the most (if the the most) dangerous sport in the world.

Take last night as an example, Frazer Clarke is one lucky man that he's OK, Could of easily been killed, brain damaged or eating food from a straw.

Give the Boxers a hefty purse for every fight no questions asked, At the end of the day, If they don't step in the ring then the powers that be don't have a sport.
Spot on again mate. My lad is 15 now he trains in cheetham hill under a pro coach and regularly sparrs with the pro’s even flaking one out last week.

Like you said it’s super dangerous sport so they should look for every penny. All the best to your son.

They basically own boxing now.

They pay the WBC and WBA and are official 'partners'. Canelo is ranked #36 in the Saudis rankings at SMW.

The Saudis tried to buy the Website BoxRec. They refused, the Sauids then fucked their website and stole the data from it and set up a website called fight facts.

The Saudis are close to buying and owning Ring Magazine, the bible of boxing. Ring, who were always independent (like BoxRec) and who we all accepted 99% of the time had the right official champion at all the weights regardless of all the belts floating about.

Being Ring Magazine champ is huge. Not any more. The Saudis can do what they want with all the belts now and full control over all the rankings.
Very mixed feelings about Uncle Turki and his Megabucks.
Some would say that's rich coming from City fans but while it's great to get the dream matchups like Beterbiev/Bivol and Usyk/Fury they're often played out in front of half empty arenas with little atmosphere. Can you imagine how much better these fights would be so much better at MSG or Co op Arena?
Plus such as Canelo, Tank and Inoue are currently missing from the action so there is life outside the Riyadh Season.
Having said that such as Jack Massey, Liam Cameron and Nick Ball have benefitted greatly from appearing on their cards.

Very mixed feelings about Uncle Turki and his Megabucks.
Some would say that's rich coming from City fans but while it's great to get the dream matchups like Beterbiev/Bivol and Usyk/Fury they're often played out in front of half empty arenas with little atmosphere. Can you imagine how much better these fights would be so much better at MSG or Co op Arena?
Plus such as Canelo, Tank and Inoue are currently missing from the action so there is life outside the Riyadh Season.
Having said that such as Jack Massey, Liam Cameron and Nick Ball have benefitted greatly from appearing on their cards.
You have a very valid point and I agree. But what made me laugh was they said the Bivol fight wouldn't generate interest in the UK. But conner Ben and eubank would. Which as you probably know is like premier league vs 3rd division. The Saudis are getting fights going that probably wouldn't happen without them . I started watching UFC because the best want to fight the best

Any news on the shithouse Whittaker after he injured his ankle on fresh air?
There's a lot more damage to his reputation than his ankle, that's for sure.

He is a talented boxer, but his antics against far inferior opponents were always cringeworthy. Then, he faces an opponent who stands up to him and he seems to choose an easy way out after looking gassed. The difference between him and Nas, to whom he has been compared, is that Nas carried bombs in both fists; Ben does not. The best opponents will just walk through him and throw six and seven punch combinations, happy to land one. He'll then be in trouble because Billy Big Bollocks is a difficult image to carry if you're getting clobbered - your whole aura is gone.

I am not certain he is that bothered though: he has created his followers and gasps of adoration for dodging a few blows on YouTube. It will be interesting to see what his next move is. Personally, I hope he has a rematch with Cameron. Any fighter would want to set that record straight.

Last edited:
You have a very valid point and I agree. But what made me laugh was they said the Bivol fight wouldn't generate interest in the UK. But conner Ben and eubank would. Which as you probably know is like premier league vs 3rd division. The Saudis are getting fights going that probably wouldn't happen without them . I started watching UFC because the best want to fight the best
Sadly a Benn/Eubank clownshow would sell out a 40k stadium on its own but Beterbiev/Bivol II would need a stacked undercard to fill the Co-op Arena due to the parochial bias of the casual boxing fan.

There's a lot more damage to his reputation than his ankle, that's for sure.

He is a talented boxer, but his antics against far inferior opponents were always cringeworthy. Then, he faces an opponent who stands up to him and he seems to choose an easy way out after looking gassed. The difference between him and Nas, to whom he has been compared, is that Nas carried bombs in both fists; Ben does not. The best opponents will just walk through him and throw six and seven punch combinations, happy to land one. He'll then be in trouble because Billy Big Bollocks is a difficult image to carry if you're getting clobbered - your whole aura is gone.
Yeah it was a big OG for Whittaker but I'm not convinced that he shat his pants.
To me it was more a case of he was taking on Cameron too early in his career and got "old manned" by him. He probably would have lost the fight if not for the bizarre ending but I think it was more likely a malfunction of the ropes than Ben deliberately bailing out.
I think he'll learn from it and become a decent fighter in time but this was a bad matchup for him at this stage.

Yeah it was a big OG for Whittaker but I'm not convinced that he shat his pants.
To me it was more a case of he was taking on Cameron too early in his career and got "old manned" by him. He probably would have lost the fight if not for the bizarre ending but I think it was more likely a malfunction of the ropes than Ben deliberately bailing out.
I think he'll learn from it and become a decent fighter in time but this was a bad matchup for him at this stage.
I think he probably would have lost, yes. He is 27, so not a kid, and though he doesn't have a lot of pro-experience, you would expect a serious talent to find a way past a very solid pro. It is hard to countenance the prospect of a fighter choosing a way out, but this whole persona is based on being so superior to others out there that they cannot even land a shot. It wasn't happening in that way so people will speculate, as I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.