The Boxing thread

Under that radar a bit, But Luis Collazo knocked out Victor Ortiz inside 2 rounds through the week.

Always felt Collazo could have gone on to have a bit more time at the top. He gave Hatton one hell of a fight in 2006 (iirc) and then he was unlucky against Mosley, breaking his wrist in the 2nd round of their fight. He was doing very well against him up until that point. He's a very under-rated fighter.

Thought last nights Sky card was very good. Once Joshua starts to punch his weight and size, he will be an animal.

ono said:
Under that radar a bit, But Luis Collazo knocked out Victor Ortiz inside 2 rounds through the week.

Always felt Collazo could have gone on to have a bit more time at the top. He gave Hatton one hell of a fight in 2006 (iirc) and then he was unlucky against Mosley, breaking his wrist in the 2nd round of their fight. He was doing very well against him up until that point. He's a very under-rated fighter.

Thought last nights Sky card was very good. Once Joshua starts to punch his weight and size, he will be an animal.

I think they need to put Joshua in there with a puncher I think he is too good for journey men of sorts. I would love to see him fight either of these fighters in his next fight in March. John McDermott , Tom Dallas , Ian Lewison or Richard Towers would test the big man out. Even then trying to set up a fight with David Price could be a goer as well in the summer time.

Collazo fight was a really good 1 if I remember correctly. Very close rounds and tight on the cards think Hatton got it by 2 rounds and 1 round by the judges. He had Collazo down in the first round and since that moment he just done enough I would of had it a draw as in the second half of the fight Hatton was hanging on in there his first fight as a Welterweight I think it was.

The thing is who is going to be fighting Golovkin next?? He is a beast my fighter of 2013 brilliant destroyed everyone. I want to see him fighting someone like Marthinez but thats not going to happen next. IF not him Martin Murray needs to step up and fight him. Murray looked iffy in his last fight. Hearing internet rumours it might be Andy Lee god help Andy if it is him. Hes a good fighter Andy but Golovkin is the best middleweight I have seen for some time. I want a Lee v Macklin fight but that doesnt seem like happening just yet sadly.

leighton said:
The thing is who is going to be fighting Golovkin next?? He is a beast my fighter of 2013 brilliant destroyed everyone. I want to see him fighting someone like Marthinez but thats not going to happen next. IF not him Martin Murray needs to step up and fight him. Murray looked iffy in his last fight. Hearing internet rumours it might be Andy Lee god help Andy if it is him. Hes a good fighter Andy but Golovkin is the best middleweight I have seen for some time. I want a Lee v Macklin fight but that doesnt seem like happening just yet sadly.
Destroyed who? Matt Macklin?

The thing with GGG is people want to anoint him before he's really achieved anything. He shouldn't really even be near the top 10 of any p4p list at the moment with who he's faced.

Bradley/Garcia/Stevenson/Rigo all had better years with big wins in 2013.

conormcfc said:
leighton said:

The thing with GGG is people want to anoint him before he's really achieved anything. He shouldn't really even be near the top 10 of any p4p list at the moment with who he's faced.

It's not GGG's fault that the middleweight division is shite. Macklin, Barker and Murray aren't world class regardless of what Sky/Hearn say yet all feature in top 10 lists. Andy Lee gets bracketed in world class over here it seems to me largely because Manny Steward once trained him. Martinez is shot, Sturm is shot (beating a crippled Barker makes him world class again ? not for me). Who else is there ? Quillin maybe - but again who's he fought, 45yr old Winky ?

It's a bare division and GGG case isn't helped by Martinez hangin around in the hope that Floyd or Cotto or Canelo offer him a huge farewell payday. Martinez, disgracefully, wants nothing to do with GGG so who should GGG fight ?

Did anyone see Scott Quigg on ringside saying Frampton got knocked down in sparing and basically saying that Framptons chin is like glass. Yet he has been put down in fights himself while Frampton has been in with Kiko and took his shots and KO'D him. It was funny compared to Frampton a few weeks back who was positive and a inner belief that he has Quiggs number if they were to fight. Yet Quigg was all nervous. I want this fight to happen asap. Its a shame it will never happen as Hearn wont put Quigg in with Frampton.

As for GGG he is blowing away whoever he gets in the ring with. I think he wants to win the whole Middleweight titles and move up to Super Middleweight but who does he fight there. Froch??? Froch seems to be busy with Groves or whoever. Andre Ward now that would be a fight. Or hope that Saul Alvarez moves up to Middleweight there the only options that he could have who does he fight next???

hu2ejena.jpg

This chap Nav Mansouri was impressive on Friday night retaining his English title, we were main sponsors of the night and had a good chat with him, lovely bloke.

Good night of boxing coming up on the 8th March in Manchester!

leighton said:
Did anyone see Scott Quigg on ringside saying Frampton got knocked down in sparing and basically saying that Framptons chin is like glass. Yet he has been put down in fights himself while Frampton has been in with Kiko and took his shots and KO'D him. It was funny compared to Frampton a few weeks back who was positive and a inner belief that he has Quiggs number if they were to fight. Yet Quigg was all nervous. I want this fight to happen asap. Its a shame it will never happen as Hearn wont put Quigg in with Frampton.

As for GGG he is blowing away whoever he gets in the ring with. I think he wants to win the whole Middleweight titles and move up to Super Middleweight but who does he fight there. Froch??? Froch seems to be busy with Groves or whoever. Andre Ward now that would be a fight. Or hope that Saul Alvarez moves up to Middleweight there the only options that he could have who does he fight next???
I saw Quigg. He doesn't seem as comfortable behind the camera as Frampton does. I bet Frampton is still kicking himself for turning down the Romero fight. Quigg and Frampton need to get it on now though. It's been simmering for a couple of years. It would be a good fight. I don't think Hearn is scared of putting him in there though. I don't buy that at all. Hearn has too many fighters under his belt to worry too much about Quigg losing to Frampton.

conormcfc said:
leighton said:

Problem with Golovkin now is that a lot of the guys at 160 are all of fairly similar standard. Maybe Quillin could be tricky for him. Total fantasy match up and i'd expect him to have too much for him but I'd be interested in him fighting David Lemieux. That would be a lot of fun. A Martinez fight half appeals. Also be interesting to see if he could stop Geale or Sturm, but the big fights for him are up at 168, probably in about 12 months time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.