The Boxing thread

yorks blue said:
Interesting betting odds on paddy power. Fancy acouple of bets just wondering what the thoughts are on here.

The bet is on paddy power and it's for them to win a world title before 2020
Anthony Joshua 17/10
Eubank junior 7/2
Billy joe Saunders 6/1
There's others but these are the ones I fancy
Billy Joe Saunders is a good shout, given he has a top 15 ranking with the WBC and WBA. Golovkin is the real danger in that division, but he might end up moving up in the next 12 months. After him, there's Martinez who doesn't appear to have much left, and then there's Quillin. After those two, there's a lot of beatable guys in the mix.

yorks blue said:
Interesting betting odds on paddy power. Fancy acouple of bets just wondering what the thoughts are on here.

Anthony Joshua 17/10
Eubank junior 7/2
Billy joe Saunders 6/1

Yeah the odds are not great in my opinion. Eubank Jnr not good enough and will be found out. Billy Joe Saunders in the middleweights hasnt been tested and in his last fight with John Ryder I thought he was lucky to get the decesion a really close fight and thats a rematch I want to see. Anthony Joshua in the heavyweights has a chance in my opinion if his chin is good and with Klitschkos more than likely finished defo chance. Yet to see if he can take a shot.

Callum Smith @ 9/2 looks a the best of the lot for me. In the hardest division of Super Middleweight at the moment but with the best chance to do something. He has power and lots of it. John Joe Nevin is interesting 1 for me as the lad is a slick boxer. Saying that his first pro fight is Paddys Day basing himself in the US so you never know get teh best of sparring and he has a chance but needs the power to add to his boxing skills. 8/1 on offer is good.

I got odds on Mark Hefferon and Ryan Burnett 2 young fighter and got 7/1 for Hefferon and 5/1 for Burnett which is a joke.

yorks blue said:

Anthony Joshua 17/10
Eubank junior 7/2
Billy joe Saunders 6/1

Tyson Fury 5/4. Lump on. The politics of the sport will make it happen.

Thanks for the replies don't think il bother. Just interested what the thoughts were. Also dewilder odds on but he's not really been tested either

Santiago Street . said:
conormcfc said:
leighton said:
The thing is who is going to be fighting Golovkin next?? He is a beast my fighter of 2013 brilliant destroyed everyone. I want to see him fighting someone like Marthinez but thats not going to happen next. IF not him Martin Murray needs to step up and fight him. Murray looked iffy in his last fight. Hearing internet rumours it might be Andy Lee god help Andy if it is him. Hes a good fighter Andy but Golovkin is the best middleweight I have seen for some time. I want a Lee v Macklin fight but that doesnt seem like happening just yet sadly.
Destroyed who? Matt Macklin?

The thing with GGG is people want to anoint him before he's really achieved anything. He shouldn't really even be near the top 10 of any p4p list at the moment with who he's faced.

Bradley/Garcia/Stevenson/Rigo all had better years with big wins in 2013.

It's not GGG's fault that the middleweight division is shite. Macklin, Barker and Murray aren't world class regardless of what Sky/Hearn say yet all feature in top 10 lists. Andy Lee gets bracketed in world class over here it seems to me largely because Manny Steward once trained him. Martinez is shot, Sturm is shot (beating a crippled Barker makes him world class again ? not for me). Who else is there ? Quillin maybe - but again who's he fought, 45yr old Winky ?

It's a bare division and GGG case isn't helped by Martinez hangin around in the hope that Floyd or Cotto or Canelo offer him a huge farewell payday. Martinez, disgracefully, wants nothing to do with GGG so who should GGG fight ?
Considering he's been in the same middleweight division for what, 8 years? I'd say it's time he either goes all out for Martinez or just stop pissing about with tomato cans and move up to fight some genuine threats. You say who has Quillin fought, who has GGG fought?

Don't tell me there's no-one top guys between 160 and 175 willing to fight him. I've seen nothing to suggest he'd be anything more than a sparring partner for Ward.

The only MW to stake a claim for p4p in the last few years has been Martinez and that's it. GGG is barely top 15 at the moment and an Andy Lee win doesn't do much to enhance his resume.

Chisora at 9/1 not bad, there will be a lot of titles available in 2 years and he is on he right path to at least get a shot at the WBO like Hide.

GGG looks a bit special though man that's why he's avoided. Martinez would rather fight a smaller man in Cotto, who's probably shot at elite level anyhow, than unify the belts. None of the other middleweights are in the same league.

Dunno if you're joking about him fighting at 175 (????) but he'll never be big enough.

Super Mid possibly but the only 2 opponents who GGG would enhance his reputation by beating are Froch and Ward. Neither would enhance their own reputation massively by beating a naturally smaller man so why would they risk it. At the moment I'd have to say Ward would beat GGG but only because we haven't seen how GGG deals with a truly elite fighter. If he walked thru Martinez for example like he's walking thru everyone else then he becomes a P4P contender for me. Canelo could easily fight at 160 and it'd be interesting to see if GGG could beat him as easily as Floyd did

With his frame he's more likely to move down. There's talk of him fighting Floyd at 154ish when Floyd runs out of credible opponents to fulfill his 6 fight deal. Though how Maidana or Khan are credible opponents is beyond me. And we all know Floyd won't go anywhere near a heavy handed fighter like GGG.

Eubank Jr 7/2 to win a world title ! I'd lay double that all day long. British title maybe.

Blue Til Death said:
I'm a Froch fan and I am glad he is fighting Groves again, In fairness Groves deserves another chance, however, this time I fully expect Froch to shut his big gob for good this time with a fully fledged 100% no arguments knock out..!! 7 Rounds, no more.. !!
It seems like Froch has the big mouth
He was like a big fucking kid on sky yesterday & more interested in mocking groves hair then the fight itself
I hope Groves knocks fuck out of him.

Froch is a wily old fox, he ain't letting Groves rock him again, he will have a game plan mark my words the Cobra isn't going down like this.

The cookie monster said:
Blue Til Death said:
I'm a Froch fan and I am glad he is fighting Groves again, In fairness Groves deserves another chance, however, this time I fully expect Froch to shut his big gob for good this time with a fully fledged 100% no arguments knock out..!! 7 Rounds, no more.. !!
It seems like Froch has the big mouth
He was like a big fucking kid on sky yesterday & more interested in mocking groves hair then the fight itself
I hope Groves knocks fuck out of him.

Having a big mouth in boxing is fine..... As long as you have the belts, the top quality opposition and the victories to back it up, Groves has none of these, Groves is a good fighter no question but he is not in Froch's class and although he shocked Froch the last time because he was underestimated, that will not happen again, Groves will be taken apart this time just Like Kessler was second time around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.