The Boxing thread

I'm a Froch fan and I am glad he is fighting Groves again, In fairness Groves deserves another chance, however, this time I fully expect Froch to shut his big gob for good this time with a fully fledged 100% no arguments knock out..!! 7 Rounds, no more.. !!

ono said:
leighton said:
Did anyone see Scott Quigg on ringside saying Frampton got knocked down in sparing and basically saying that Framptons chin is like glass. Yet he has been put down in fights himself while Frampton has been in with Kiko and took his shots and KO'D him. It was funny compared to Frampton a few weeks back who was positive and a inner belief that he has Quiggs number if they were to fight. Yet Quigg was all nervous. I want this fight to happen asap. Its a shame it will never happen as Hearn wont put Quigg in with Frampton.

As for GGG he is blowing away whoever he gets in the ring with. I think he wants to win the whole Middleweight titles and move up to Super Middleweight but who does he fight there. Froch??? Froch seems to be busy with Groves or whoever. Andre Ward now that would be a fight. Or hope that Saul Alvarez moves up to Middleweight there the only options that he could have who does he fight next???
I saw Quigg. He doesn't seem as comfortable behind the camera as Frampton does. I bet Frampton is still kicking himself for turning down the Romero fight. Quigg and Frampton need to get it on now though. It's been simmering for a couple of years. It would be a good fight. I don't think Hearn is scared of putting him in there though. I don't buy that at all. Hearn has too many fighters under his belt to worry too much about Quigg losing to Frampton.

I know that but with the Froch v Groves rematch on it deserves a huge co event. I would love it to be Frampton v Quigg but I dont think it will happen. Frampton is linked with Leo Santa Cruz and this up coming fight is a eliminator for his title so it should be a good way for Frampton. IF he wins this up coming fight then it sets it up a big fight in the US for Frampton could set him up win or loose. Also Quigg isnt a full term World Champion interim to Rigondeaux .
Also on a Quigg v Frampton fight it would sell huge in Belfast. Quigg wouldnt sell out Manchester arena while Frampton would. Hearn is trying his best with Quigg getting him on the Froch v Groves 1 fight was smart. Just dont think Quigg has that fanbase of a Hatton and wouldnt be able to do the big numbers. I think deep down Hearn is looking at Frampton as the one who got away also I think come the end of the year Frampton may well team up again with Matchroom and sky as Boxnation and Warren can be mismatched. Hearn would take him back in a instant as he is a huge ticket seller. Frampton has been calling for it for years the fight but Quiggs team never wanted it.

TGR said:
Groves will win for me.
Froch doesn't want this fight.
He now knows he will get hurt.
I think Froch, for all his talk before the first fight, took Groves far too lightly. I think he thought Groves was an unproven upstart who lacked the power, speed or boxing ability to ever really trouble him. Now, having been through one fight with Groves, he's knows differently and, as such, he'll prepare for the second fight far more professionally. I expect Froch to win this one by knockout, in something like the 7th or 8th round.

TGR said:
Groves will win for me.
Froch doesn't want this fight.
He now knows he will get hurt.

Apparently Froch offered him a rematch with a big purse but Groves turned it down because he wanted to pursue a no contest ruling which coincidently meant he had to be reinstalled as the No1 contender first by the IBF which meant he gets a smaller purse.
Froch didn't take him seriously last time and got hurt he will put everything into this one interestingly enough though im not sure what will happen, Groves matured as a fighter in front of my eyes v Froch

I thought that Groves was one fight too many for Froch last time and despite the result, saw nothing to change my mind.

A convincing Groves win for me which after the lack of class Froch conducted himself with post fight last time would suit me just fine.

Blue Til Death said:
I'm a Froch fan and I am glad he is fighting Groves again, In fairness Groves deserves another chance, however, this time I fully expect Froch to shut his big gob for good this time with a fully fledged 100% no arguments knock out..!! 7 Rounds, no more.. !!

He'll get reamed mate...... should have walked while he had the chance

The last fight was a travesty

Interesting betting odds on paddy power. Fancy acouple of bets just wondering what the thoughts are on here.

The bet is on paddy power and it's for them to win a world title before 2020
Anthony Joshua 17/10
Eubank junior 7/2
Billy joe Saunders 6/1
There's others but these are the ones I fancy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.