The Boxing thread

Its a start of things to come Carl Framptons World Title fight is on ITV 4 so freeview to most in the UK and Ireland. I think ITV missed a chance there the fight should be on ITV 1 bring back the boxing on ITV with huge fights in the past of Naz and Calzaghe all on ITV to name just a few.

leighton said:
Its a start of things to come Carl Framptons World Title fight is on ITV 4 so freeview to most in the UK and Ireland. I think ITV missed a chance there the fight should be on ITV 1 bring back the boxing on ITV with huge fights in the past of Naz and Calzaghe all on ITV to name just a few.

Frampton fight is on ITV1, the undercard is on ITV4 I think.

I've got my first white collar fight later this year, training is ridiculously hard and i have a new respect for boxers (although always did anyway)

mekonmcfc said:
I've got my first white collar fight later this year, training is ridiculously hard and i have a new respect for boxers (although always did anyway)

Good luck fella! when you fighting?

Also, if you dont mind me asking, have you ever sparred before? A couple of lads I train with are trying to convince me to do one but I'm reluctant to do so as whilst I have never had a competitive bout, I have been sparring regularly with different partners for about 2 years and I feel that I would be taking the piss a bit.

I'm aware there will be loads of guys entering with more experience than me but it just doesnt sit right with me.

Tragic meat van guy said:
mekonmcfc said:

Also, if you dont mind me asking, have you ever sparred before? A couple of lads I train with are trying to convince me to do one but I'm reluctant to do so as whilst I have never had a competitive bout, I have been sparring regularly with different partners for about 2 years and I feel that I would be taking the piss a bit.

I'm aware there will be loads of guys entering with more experience than me but it just doesnt sit right with me.

I've not sparred yet will be starting in the next couple of weeks, wanted to get a good feel for the basic principles of boxing first. I'm not fighting until September so got plenty of time. They cater for all levels and i will be clearly novice level, my coach is quality though and looking forward to it in a macabre sort of way.

mekonmcfc said:
mekonmcfc said:

I've not sparred yet will be starting in the next couple of weeks, wanted to get a good feel for the basic principles of boxing first. I'm not fighting until September so got plenty of time. They cater for all levels and i will be clearly novice level, my coach is quality though and looking forward to it in a macabre sort of way.

Thats top pal. So by the sounds of it you will be paired to fight someone of similar experience?

You'll have a ball in training, its incredibly addictive, just gutted I didnt get into it at a younger age

mekonmcfc said:

Thats top pal. So by the sounds of it you will be paired to fight someone of similar experience?

You'll have a ball in training, its incredibly addictive, just gutted I didnt get into it at a younger age

yeah i'm hoping it will be a novice the same as me, but whats the worse than can happen i'll get beat !! and that can happen anyway. takes balls to get in the ring anyway and i respect anyone that has.
I'm the same as you i'm 45 and thought why not whilst i'm fit enough to do it.

leighton said:

When is this?

yorks blue said:
leighton said:

When is this?

28th Feb, week on Sat. Confirmed the main event is on ITV1.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2959288/Carl-Frampton-ready-smash-hit-big-time-boxing-returns-ITV.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing ... s-ITV.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.