The Boxing thread

conormcfc said:
Anyone worrying about a stream for Saturday, I'll have a crystal clear HQ one. Was gonna just buy the PPV for this as I think it's a pretty good deal but I've now decided to spend my money elsewhere (alcohol).

The more people that dont give Sky the extra 21 euro or the £15 then they may well have to rethink the so called PPVs. The prices for these are shocking we are in a time when for most people money is tight and we dont have the money to line Warrens and Skys pockets no more. I honestly think Sky should stop with the PPVs too many in a short space of time since September on SKY had 3 PPVs on in the last month 2 PPVs they are trying to kill boxing with all these PPVs. Forcing the real fans to go elsewhere to see the PPVs. Everything has come down in price yet boxing fans are forced to fork out money while the fights they do show cost a fraction of the money they splash out on all there football. None of the fights aew PPV standard and worth my money. IF Warren had his way all his fights will be on PPV but he doesnt have the boxers to do it and make money from it.

conormcfc said:
Maybe Leighton, but on the other hand they could just think "there's no one buying the PPV's, let's just fuck the boxing coverage off altogether."

If there other boxing coverage gets high numbers then they wont KO boxing. Its just that boxing fans in the UK and Ireland dont think that there is no PPV star out there at the moment worth putting there hands in there pocket to buy there fights. The last PPV star was Naz who made a mint for Warren and Sky then after that maybe Ricky but with the net now more boxing fans will watch a stream instead of pay more money to SKY on top of the subs they charge a month.

Just look at this PPV coming up. Can you imagine what is going on in Warrens head if the numbers are great then , all his fighters he will think is PPV standard when they are nowhere near it. Even Khan isnt a PPV fighter.

Cleverley not a lot of people know who he is due to his fights on PPV he should be on normal Sky and maybe in years to come he could be there PPV star in the future.
DeGale and Gavin both on there own wont get the PPV buys needed and it is a shame really as Gavin could go a long way not too sure about DeGale but he will be pushed the most by Warren as his new golden boy.
Brook and Bellew like Cleverley above should be on normal Sky to get a proper following from the part time boxing fans dont think Bellew will do much to be fair.
Macklin like the bloke has the game to fight for a World title and maybe even win 1 but sorry Macklin your not as well know in the UK as he is over here in Ireland so he wont and will never do big PPV numbers on his own. I would love him to do it and make a killing but I just cant see it. He could come over to Dublin and sell out the o2 for a World title fight very quickly now.
Chisora the only way he will be on a PPV again is if David Haye is fighting him other than that he will be back on Saturday fight night heavyweight division is gone to shit.
Khan never did the numbers SKY wanted first time around thats why they didnt take up his last fight. Yes they can sell him with other cards like Warren has done in the past with a top US card. Now Khan fighting in the US he needs the likes of Warren to put on a top card in the UK and hope to get in on the PPV.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:53 pm --<br /><br />Media day at the wildcard.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHzDFuq-n1Y[/youtube]

http://www.tmz.com/

Mayweather Charged with Battery for Face Poking
12/7/2010 11:35 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Floyd Mayweather has been charged with criminal battery in Nevada for allegedly -- and this is serious -- poking a man in the cheekbone with his finger ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ has obtained the criminal complaint -- in which cops say a private security officer named Shayne Smith told officers Mayweather went ballistic outside of his Las Vegas home on November 15 after Smith placed parking citations on two of Floyd's cars.

According to the documents, Smith alleges Mayweather screamed that the guard had "no f*cking business" touching his personal property -- before the boxer grabbed a citation from one of his cars and slapped it on Smith's patrol vehicle.

The document continues, "While lambasting Smith, Mayweather was allegedly jabbing his finger into the left side of Smith's cheek just below his eye. This willful and unlawful use of force and violence upon Smith caused redness and discoloration to the area which was battered by Mayweather."

Smith claims he drove out of the area to "de-escalate" the situation, immediately notified his boss ... and then took photos of his bruised up cheek.

So far, no comment from Floyd's camp.

Pacquiao to Khan: You kicked my arse

MANNY PACQUIAO has sent Amir Khan the birthday message he only ever dreamed of hearing: You kicked my ass.

The eight-division world champion, universally acknowledged as the best boxer on the planet, has admitted for the first time Khan has got the better of him in their fierce spars.
Pacman told Freddie Roach, who trains them both, "Amir kicked my ass today" after their final session ahead of Khan's world-title defence against Marcos Maidana on Saturday night.
Roach added: "Amir beat the s**t out of him for four rounds in their last session before we started easing off the training. Even Manny knows that and he said so."
Khan, 24 today, has been sparring with Pacman - the first boxer in history to win 10 world titles in eight different divisions - ever since he linked with Roach.
He turned to Roach two years ago when his career was falling apart following a shock 54-second knockout defeat against journeyman Breidis Prescott.
Such is Khan's rise since that dark night that there is talk of facing Pacquiao for real - even though the Bolton Bomber doubts that will happen because of their friendship outside of the ring.
Floyd Mayweather jnr, who knocked out Ricky Hatton in 10 rounds, is a more realistic proposition should Khan come through as expected against Argentinian slugger Maidana.
Khan said: "I think Mayweather might be a little too much for me at the moment. But that is a fight for the future.
"He was following me on Twitter and then all the people were going on about us fighting and he stopped following me.
"He has blanked me ever since. I know he could read all the messages that people were tweeting and I don't think he liked it so I 'unfollowed' him as well."
Roach added: "I used to think I had one fighter who could beat Mayweather - but now I think I have got two.
"I am not a big fan of Mayweather - Amir and Manny have speed which he can't handle. If Mayweather won't fight Manny, maybe he will fight Amir.
"I am not saying I would want that one right now, but maybe in another two fights."
Roach 'tested' Khan before he agreed to take him on by throwing him into a sparring session with Pacman at his Wild Card gym in Los Angeles.
He has been impressed ever since, steering him to the world title and two successful defences, and says it is Khan's ability to listen which is setting him apart.

Advertisement

Roach, regarded as the most successful trainer of all time, said: "I have never had a better listener than Amir. You give him a gameplan and he sticks to it and I know he will do that on Saturday.
"I tell him one thing and he does it. If I told him not to throw a punch in a round he would do it.
"But I break it down for him so he knows exactly why I am saying it. He is the best listener I have had - and I have had some good guys."
As for Khan's birthday today, there are no celebrations are planned - just another relentless round of running, training to stay sharp, eating to make the 140lb limit and sleeping.
Khan said: "I am going to celebrate with my conditioner Alex Ariza getting me up at 5am to go for a run.
"Freddie will then get me in the gym but the only present I will get off him will be a session on the pads.
"Then my birthday tea will be some vegetables, steamed chicken, rice and water. We are getting very close to the fight and we have to make sure my weight is right.
"I don't mind making these sacrifices now because I know that's what it takes to be a champion.
"Also, in a couple of days' time, I will be able to relax and chill with all my friends and I want to make sure it will all be worth it by stopping Maidana."

Khan is begining to be more and more of a hype job. Put it this way they will always talk up Khans sparring as saying it is the best training he has done and so on. Maidana by the looks of him in any interviews I have seen he seems so relaxed about the fight. Also his trainer seems confinced that Maidana will stop Khan and beleives Maidana has power to move up another 2 weights and still KO people. Khan chin is crystal and if Maidana lands it could well be a early night for him.

leighton said:
Khan is begining to be more and more of a hype job. Put it this way they will always talk up Khans sparring as saying it is the best training he has done and so on. Maidana by the looks of him in any interviews I have seen he seems so relaxed about the fight. Also his trainer seems confinced that Maidana will stop Khan and beleives Maidana has power to move up another 2 weights and still KO people. Khan chin is crystal and if Maidana lands it could well be a early night for him.
I never understand this complaint. He got knocked out, and rather than stay in England, selling out various arenas fighting mandatories and bums, he decided to go over the America, much, much sooner than any of our other British stars have managed to do so.

I think it's a banker that Golden Boy are looking at Joan Guzman as Khan's next opponent (should he beat Maidana), or at a push, Peterson or Ortiz. So that means....

Kotelnik,
Salita (mandatory)
Malignaggi
Maidana
Guzman/Peterson/Ortiz.

He's just turned 24. That's solid. He can't take either Alexander or Bradley as they are tied to a two fight deal with eachother, so that puts them out of the picture for best part of a year. Maidana could knock him out, but kudos to Kahn for putting everything on the line. Another KO, and his top level career could be over before it has really begun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.