The Boxing thread

Ono the thing with Khan I dont like is he and his team has a habit of avoiding the big fights over the years. He should of boxed John Murrary and Jon Thaxton at British level but Warrens money meant he avoid both fighters. Since his defeat he boxed Oisin Fagan a shot Barrera , Kotelnik , Paulie M and Salita. If my memory is right he paid off Maidana to get in some easy title defences so this fight was always coming. The thing is he has been put down by not too big punchers at British level if and when he goes up against the best fighters of the world these can bang and take a punch so they will land on Khan. You can build up muscles everywhere apart from his chin.

leighton said:
Ono the thing with Khan I dont like is he and his team has a habit of avoiding the big fights over the years. He should of boxed John Murrary and Jon Thaxton at British level but Warrens money meant he avoid both fighters. Since his defeat he boxed Oisin Fagan a shot Barrera , Kotelnik , Paulie M and Salita. If my memory is right he paid off Maidana to get in some easy title defences so this fight was always coming. The thing is he has been put down by not too big punchers at British level if and when he goes up against the best fighters of the world these can bang and take a punch so they will land on Khan. You can build up muscles everywhere apart from his chin.
Nah i agree with all that. But he left Warren, and to me that shows that he wants to fight the best. And he's making a start on it now.

Some good news for boxing fans with the news that Premier Sports TV will be showing ESPN Friday Night boxing live and The World Series of Boxing from January on. Here is the press release.

Boxing fans in the UK will be pleased to hear that weekly boxing will be available to view from
around the world on Premier Sports TV. The channel operates on Sky channel 433 making it
viewable through subscription to nearly 10 million households. 31 Friday Night Fight events will
air live beginning in January 2011 with an initial 2 year deal while the World Series of Boxing will
begin before Christmas.

Premier Sports spokesperson Richard Webb commented, "Friday Night Fights are a way of life for
boxing fans in America and we are thrilled to now make them available live and exclusive in the UK."

Each show, hosted by Brian Kenny and Bernard Hopkins normally take in 3 bouts and also features
studio interviews with top boxers past and present. Webb continued, "it is a terrific opportunity for
boxing fans in the UK to track the American boxing scene once again".

On top of this, The World Series of Boxing is a new and exciting global team concept that culminates in
finals to be held in Macau in May. Amateur boxers such as Ireland’s Kenny Egan & Pat Nevin go up
against fighters based in Europe, USA and Asia. The tournament is sanctioned by the AIBA allowing
amateurs to be paid while the winners in each division get automatic qualification to London 2012
making the stakes all the higher.

Webb commented, "We have broadcast eight live fights in the last three months including Martinez vs.
Williams, but on top of seeking out more monthly world class events that will grow our subscription
base we wanted to provide consistent boxing to reward our loyal subscribers. "We believe this
move combined with the continued relationship with HBO and the developing one with promoters in
America puts us in a great position to show live boxing 12 months of the year at the great value price of
£6.99 per month." "I would like to take this opportunity to thank customers who have supported us
during the last three months and given us the belief that regular boxing from around the globe still has
a place on UK television."

Premier Sports TV is currently available on the Sky platform. Content includes NRL, the Blue Square Bet
Premier, extensive South American football and GAA. Customers can subscribe by calling 0871 663 9000.

I just hope now that Setanta Ireland over here take the rights to this boxing aswell nice to see more boxing back on TV. Even if it is at daft o clock in the morning from the US.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:25 pm --<br /><br />Bad news for Del Boy his fight with Klitschko has been canceled due to Klitschko getting a back injury could be out for 5 weeks. Seems now that he will look for a match up with Haye instead. I just wonder will Del Boy get a crack at either Klitschko in the future. Also by the looks of it the German card will be scrapped which is shit news for Andy Lee. Who could end up boxing Martinez in March. I wonder what SKY will do to fill in those hours set aside for the German card.

conormcfc said:
Glad I decided against buying the PPV then.

Haha
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33668
Chisora can wait for his shot as far as I'm concerned, he wasn't ready for it anyway. Let's get on with Haye/Klitschko.
Chisora had no chance. Not sure what to do about the ppv now. Chisora - Klitschko pushed it into the worthwhile category. I want to watch Khan fight though. I'm going out saturday night. Might just order it, record it and watch it when i get back in.

I don't know!

ono said:
conormcfc said:
Glad I decided against buying the PPV then.

Haha
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33668
Chisora can wait for his shot as far as I'm concerned, he wasn't ready for it anyway. Let's get on with Haye/Klitschko.
Chisora had no chance. Not sure what to do about the ppv now. Chisora - Klitschko pushed it into the worthwhile category. I want to watch Khan fight though. I'm going out saturday night. Might just order it, record it and watch it when i get back in.

I don't know!
I was meant to be going out Saturday but because of my boxing habit the plans have been changed to Friday. My mates weren't happy, to say the least. I don't think it's PPV worthy now, if you're not gonna watch the Khan fight live you may as well just download it the next day for free in HD. PM me or summat and I'll give you a link so you don't have to come in this thread and have the result spoiled.

conormcfc said:
ono said:

I don't know!
I was meant to be going out Saturday but because of my boxing habit the plans have been changed to Friday. My mates weren't happy, to say the least. I don't think it's PPV worthy now, if you're not gonna watch the Khan fight live you may as well just download it the next day for free in HD. PM me or summat and I'll give you a link so you don't have to come in this thread and have the result spoiled.
Cheers mate, i might do that. Did it with the Froch fight. Do you reckon you'll be able to get the Peterson - Ortiz fight aswell?

Another pull out from the Liverpool card the Funtime Frankie Gavin is called off because Gavin has the flu. I do wonder if Warren will ever learn. In the Mag 7 eariler they had a number of pull outs as well.
There could be a fight made in Germany for Del Boy if they sort something asap. A fight between him and Tyson Fury could be made as Fury was sparring with Klitschko so he is ready to go but will Warren want to put Del Boy in with Fury at short notice. It could even be put on in Liverpool if need be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.