The Boxing thread

George Kimball is reporting that the Lee v Martinez fight will more than likely happen in March. I never thought out of the middleweights Ireland have in Macklin , Duddy and Lee that Lee would end up fighting for a World title first. They are talking with Lee's people and hope to have something signed soon. It could be a great March for boxers from Limerick if this is signed and Casey v Rigo is signed as well.

links for khan fight >>> <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=200365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=200365</a>

conormcfc said:
Martinez would absolutely murder Lee.

I wouldnt go that far mate. Lee is no mug and can bang and unlike Paul Williams he wont leave himself open like Williams did. I not saying he will win the fight but fair play to him for stepping up and fighting the best in the division. Chavez jnr is avoiding the fight like a pussy so for Lee to step in and look for the fight fair play to him. Dont forget Martinez will be 36 when the 2 fight a whole 10 years older than Lee a case of the younger fighter going into the fight with nothing to loose and everything to gain. If Lee boxes well he has a chance keeps Martinez at bay with his jab you just never know what will happen in the latter rounds.

Regarding Khan his training has gone well according to Dean Byrne who has been his main sparring partner he is in his best shape since he moved to the US by him. Still think Maidana will KO Khan tonight.

leighton said:
conormcfc said:
Martinez would absolutely murder Lee.

I wouldnt go that far mate. Lee is no mug and can bang and unlike Paul Williams he wont leave himself open like Williams did. I not saying he will win the fight but fair play to him for stepping up and fighting the best in the division. Chavez jnr is avoiding the fight like a pussy so for Lee to step in and look for the fight fair play to him. Dont forget Martinez will be 36 when the 2 fight a whole 10 years older than Lee a case of the younger fighter going into the fight with nothing to loose and everything to gain. If Lee boxes well he has a chance keeps Martinez at bay with his jab you just never know what will happen in the latter rounds.

Regarding Khan his training has gone well according to Dean Byrne who has been his main sparring partner he is in his best shape since he moved to the US by him. Still think Maidana will KO Khan tonight.
Ok maybe I went a little over the top with the murder comment. I can't see them fighting anyway, I can see Martinez fighting Cotto next. Martinez is a late bloomer like Hopkins, I'd say he's probably in his prime now so the age thing isn't really an issue. I don't see anyone outboxing Martinez at 154, he's as slick as they come but his stamina is abysmal so maybe Lee could stop him late, at a push. Can't see it being a competitive fight though.

I still have Khan winning a wide UD tonight, Maidana has looked a bit weight drained to me this week.

Maidana could catch Khan and KO him fairly early, but i think if there is an early stoppage on the cards, it will be Khan who stops Maidana. I think it's likely that Khan will catch him with a fairly straight punch straight down the pipeline. Maidana leaves himself wide open when he starts bombing away. Khan and Roach must have been working on countering this and i think we could see a great performance from Khan.

But, like always that danger is still there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.