The Boxing thread

People don't half forget Lennox, Tyson wouldn't of lived with him in his prime, never mind haye day (:

Lennox has a better record than Tyson, far better, for a start he beat everyone he ever faced, avenging his 2 losses.

Tyson was exciting and brought an edge to the heavyweight scene, but he wasnt as good as is made out, casual fans think he's one of the greatest of all time, his record and real experts make him out to be maybe top 20, not even top 10 of all time.

I dont think we disagree too much, Tyson was a beast and exciting, but his 'peak' was too short lived for him to be great. The only way to compare fighters is to compare records, and history wont be too kind on Tyson, because his record isnt great.

Bowe wanted no part of Lennox when they were in their primes, dumped the belt in a bin, rather than face him and then Holyfield and Bowe got into their fights before Bowe retired for the first time, Lennox was ducked by a lot of fighters, including Tyson, who paid money not to fight him, Lennox is older than Tyson, so there is no way Tyson should have been over the hill before him or their 'prime' being so different. I think Tyson fought a lot of shit early on and got the hype, while Lennox was winning olympic gold. They both fought Razor Ruddock in their primes, Lennox blew him away and he went the distance with Tyson.

At risk of dragging this out....

What I meant was Tyson's best years came before Lennox's. Tyson's best years came early. Lennox came good later on. Tyson was a beast at 18, Lennox was gangly until his later 20's. Interestingly, they sparred at Catskills but as far as I know, no footage available. Apparently Lennox took the sessions.

Bowe was fucking brilliant but his shed went. Him vs Lennox is the one that got away.

Plenty on here criticising Hearn. Fair enough he's a wide boy, but there's no way he lets Lennox vs Bowe slip away. Here's hoping he gets the big uns made involving Josh, Fury, Wilder, Povetkin & Haye

Tyson was only at his best for a handful of his fights! You cant ignore the poor fights and losses! He gets hype because of the manner of victory in those early years but once it got tough he faded. No one talks about Holyfield being great but he had Tyson beat comfortabley!

Bollocks. Holyfield was immense. Unbelievable fighter.

Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe. All brilliant.

Peak Tyson (late 80's not faded 90's) wins those fights though

You can't measure Tyson on what he might have done! He is responsible for how his career ended and age wise there is little between them, a fighter that was washed up for half his career and resorted to biting people's ears does not deserve all time great status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.