The Boxing thread

conormcfc said:
ono said:
Yeah but you've missed out the best bit...

The winner will fight the winner of the Cotto - Margarito fight. There's only one Bob Arum. Thankfully.
You are joking? Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I wish i was mate.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33544</a>

Luckily they have a great undercard lined up - Yuro Foreman vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Haha.

Hopefully it's all bullshit, to maybe tempt Mayweather into negotiations.

conormcfc said:
That's just embarrassing. I'd much rather see him fight Martinez, or even JMM again at 140, even fucking Berto would be a better opponent than any of the 3 guys lined up for him. Bob Arum and Freddie Roach are both cockends.

Sergio Martinez may well end up getting the Money fight IF Money fights on depending on the court cases up and coming. As for Pac I think now Boxing is taking a backseat at the moments while he looks at the politics more than ever before it wont be long before he calls it a day. I think Freddie and Arum know this and a high risk fight is out of question so that rules out Marquez and Money but it is still a case of wait and see regarding the fight until something is signed and sealed there is always time for a new fight to be made.

Thought this was worth a post.

It's Dimitrenko collapsing before the Sosnowski fight. Looks odd
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5xbwJTUv-M&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:18 pm --<br /><br />Sky Box Office HD will show eight live title fights in one night, including Amir Khan's Las Vegas debut, on Saturday, December 11.
The marathon event, called GR8 Britain vs The World, features world, European, Commonwealth and British title fights in a nine-hour broadcast from the UK, Germany and the USA............

World champion Khan, heavyweight challenger Dereck Chisora and the rest of British boxing's bright young things will light up Sky Box Office HD's biggest line-up to date.

Khan will top the bill as he defends his world light-welterweight title against hard-hitting mandatory challener, Marcos Maidana of Argentina, at the Mandalay Bay.
Before that, heavyweight hope Chisora gets his crack at a Klitschko as he takes on WBO and IBF champion Wladimir in front of a huge crowd in Mannheim, Germany - in what will be only his 15th professional fight.
In Liverpool Welsh wizard Nathan Cleverly takes on Spain's Alejandro Lakatos in an eliminator for the WBO light-heavyweight title, knowing a win will guarantee him his own shot at a world crown.

Behind Cleverly is an all-British affair as Olympic golden boy James DeGale goes into the lion's den and challenges British super-middleweight champion, Paul Smith. With George Groves waiting for the winner, DeGale can't afford to lose.
European light-middlweight king Matthew Macklin puts his belt on the line against another Spaniard, Ruben Varon, while another of our world-title hopefuls, Kell Brook, takes on wily American Michael Clark with the WBO Inter-Continental welterweight title at stake.

There will be a total of eight fights on one marathon night as, from the glitz of the Las Vegas Strip to the sheer size of a Klitschko fight in Germany, Britain's great eight take on the boxing world.

Sky Sports boxing commentator Jim Watt said: "This is a great night of boxing to look forward to with titles being contested in three different countries, Amir Khan making his Vegas debut and Dereck Chisora challenging for the world heavyweight crown.

"After the success of the first Magnificent Seven bill in September this is also a great chance to see some of the fantastic British boxing talent that we have, on home soil, with the likes of Nathan Cleverly, James DeGale, Kell Brook and Matthew Macklin who all impressed so much last time out."
From the Echo Arena, Liverpool

WBO Light-Heavyweight Title Eliminator
NATHAN CLEVERLY v ALEJANDRO LAKATOS
British Super-Middleweight Title
PAUL SMITH v JAMES DeGALE
WBO Intercontinental Welterweight Title
KELL BROOK v MICHAEL CLARK
European Middleweight Title
MATTHEW MACKLIN v RUBEN VARON
Commonwealth Light-Heavyweight Title
TONY BELLEW v TBA
Vacant WBO Intercontinental Light-Welterweight Title
FRANKIE GAVIN v DEAN HARRISON
Middleweight Contest
JOE SELKIRK v STEVE O'MEARA

From the SAPArena, Mannheim, Germany

WBO & IBF Heavyweight Titles
WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO v DERECK CHISORA
Plus televised undercard fights

From Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas

WBA World Light-Welterweight Title
AMIR KHAN v MARCOS MAIDANA
Plus televised undercard fights

Sky Sports | Boxing | GR8 Britain

I know Andy Lee is on the undercard in Germany. He fights a Pole called Urbanski.

I hope they show Jamie Kavanagh on the undercard of the Khan bill as well.

Sky can go and fuck themselfs if they think I will be paying 21 euro for this. If the main man Shady sorts us out for a link it will be top notch hasnt let us down yet has Shady so I will be watching it on Shady Sports instead. To be honest if people dont pay for these PPVs then Sky will put them on normal Sky 2 PPVs in what the space of 4 weeks is a bit shit if you ask me.

I'm not buying it because the liverpool card is all people who have to prove themselves more before earning my PPV money, Chisora won't have a hope against Klitsch and I'd only pay to see Khan get knocked out, and that alone on a card isn't enough for me.

If it was Khan/Maidana and Haye/Klitsch I'd buy, Khan doesn't draw for me as a main event.

tapio said:
does anyone know if the Khan vs. Maidana fight is on tv in uk, been looking on all the channels but cant find it.
Sky Box Office mate.[/quote]

thank you very much (ordered now lol)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.