The brass band

Vinnie and Kev posing with the trophy right in front of 101 was a highlight. So was gabby managing to score a direct hit on a young showsec guys bonce from 2 metres with one of the little footballs. After he cracked up laughing, he gave the guy a little hug so all was well.

It was kicking off between the boo merchants and the pitch invaders. One old guy was trying to stab a hardened female pitch Boudicca in the eye with the wrong end of his City flag. Not sure those clever marketing executives ever envisaged the uses some of our more senior fans would put their celebration confection to.

Btw, what are the 100’s of showsec personages for? They were positioned with military precision a regulation 24 inches apart forming an inpenatrable steel perimeter of the pitch. Whistle goes and it all became clear. They are there to assist fans over those tricky barriers. Wouldn’t want anyone hurting themselves with a nasty slip eh? Thank the lord they are paid handsomely for their heroics.

With all this excitement + being slowly broiled for 4 hours in temperatures a Weber would struggle to maintain, it made for an interesting and memorable afternoon.

Seriously, what the hell was that? Even more cringey than the Etisalat ad.

Not as bad as the Etisalad but absolutely cringeworthy. It would’ve been okay if it had lasted for one minute maybe, otherwise the time should have been reserved for singing etc not to a shitty loud band

Heard them in city square before the game and thought they were shit. Then heard announcement they were playing after the game and a part of me died. When will the club learn that the fans don't want some choreographed shit, maybe next time they will try to engage with fans prior

Now now Worsley, i never said that did i.
It's the babies, confetti, flame throwers, brass bands, guard of honour and karaoke i didn't wanna see.

Well why not go to the game and leave straight away? Bit odd that mate. I can live with or without the lap of honour etc. Seen on seen them all but yesterday was a great colourful occasion on a glorious day and in spite of an average match I really enjoyed it.

Fuck me. Bluemoan in full voice today!

The sun is shining, its a bank holiday weekend, we're premier league champions AGAIN, with arguably the BEST manager in world football, playing some of the BEST football I've ever seen us play, with a team stuffed with young gifted players pointing to very BRIGHT future, and people are moaning about a fucking brass band??

FFS....

Well why not go to the game and leave straight away? Bit odd that mate. I can live with or without the lap of honour etc. Seen on seen them all but yesterday was a great colourful occasion on a glorious day and in spite of an average match I really enjoyed it.

Well if you really must know, i promised to take my mrs to the pub to watch the match as she has, miraculously, become a footy fan in the last couple of seasons. She cannot make it to games. On top of that i didn't have a ticket, had grandson til 12, and my sisters 60th birthday bash at 6pm. Now if the match had been a proper game with something a stake i would have sacked all that off and been there. Fucking all that off too see streamers and the wwe belt after a nothing game wasn't worth the hassle.
As i said in my first post, it's not my cup of tea but for those who like the razzamatazz, great, i'm glad everyone had a great day.

Only get to about 5 games a year but enough to always remind me how unreal bluemoon can be , everyone around me before the game and after the game seemed to enjoy them, and seemed to enjoy the whole afternoon, I know I did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.