The British Monarchy

View attachment 28732

Pre pandemic top 100 tourist attractions in 2019, sort of dispells the myth they bring in masses of tourism, all 3 royal sites bring in just more than legoland .

The top four (at least) are free entry, Buckingham Palace was about £40 eight years ago.
Revenue generated per venue is what matters, this is meaningless.

Tbf the Stuarts were usurpers also so his claim is a bad as the present lot

The earl of louden has a better claim
George 1 was 56th inline for the throne - but the 1st non-catholic
William 1st had no real claim to the throne other than beating Harold. Henry V11's claim was very tenuous. Richard 111 by murdering his nephews.
Inheriting the the throne was mainly down to battles, murder or religion.

Paid attractions.

No you're mistaken.

National portrait gallery has an entrance fee and so do parts of the Royal Museums Greenwich. Both in top 20 on the list.

That’s also true of many of the "free" museums in London, when I went to the Science museum in 2019 there were at least 3 or 4 exhibits that had an additional cost (between £3 and £6 each from memory), then there is money made in the gift shop, cafes and restaurants and additional novelties like coin press machines, commerative coin vending machines and photos taken by staff.

I went to the Natural history museum last month and there was an exhibit to see the creatures from fantastic beasts. I didn't go in but can remember adult tickets are £22.

And we haven't even got to the tourist money spent in hospitality and retail in the area around the Museums in South Kensington.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.