The British Monarchy

Give me a constitutional monarch over an elected politician any day of the week.
Whilst I respect your opinion, I find it difficult to grasp that you'd rather have someone entirely un-elected by the public than an elected person as head of state.

King Charles and Queen Camilla ?

Whilst I respect your opinion, I find it difficult to grasp that you'd rather have someone entirely un-elected by the public than an elected person as head of state.

You’d have to reach King Andrew levels of ineptitude to level with de Pfeffel.

Politicians would sell their Granny's for power and influence. Every one who wants to be a politician should ideally be ruled out of being one.

Your location speaks for itself

Give me a constitutional monarch over an elected politician any day of the week.

Technically you can only have a constitutional monarchy with the presence of an elected politician or politicians, otherwise you would have absolute monarchy and a court shirley.

View attachment 28732

Pre pandemic top 100 tourist attractions in 2019, sort of dispells the myth they bring in masses of tourism, all 3 royal sites bring in just more than legoland .

Pointless and unrelated list as that includes domestic tourism. The royal family brings in £500m directly from foreign tourists who come here just for the royal family and are part of the £5bn that foreign tourists spend whilst visiting the UK for culture and heritage reasons (which is the top reason people visit the UK). That’s a somewhwre between £500m (this equates to 8,600 jobs) and £5bn (86,000 jobs) in our economy that simply wouldn’t be there without them.

I’m not sure how many people travel from overseas just to visit Legoland but given they are dotted all over the world I’m going to go with very few.

The monarchy is also not just a tourist attraction.

Pointless and unrelated list as that includes domestic tourism. The royal family brings in £500m directly from foreign tourists who come here just for the royal family and are part of the £5bn that foreign tourists spend whilst visiting the UK for culture and heritage reasons (which is the top reason people visit the UK). That’s a somewhwre between £500m (this equates to 8,600 jobs) and £5bn (86,000 jobs) in our economy that simply wouldn’t be there without them.
How do they bring in 500 million and how do you know it's 500 million ?
How many of those would still come to see the historical sites like they do in France.

How do they bring in 500 million and how do you know it's 500 million ?
How many of those would still come to see the historical sites like they do in France.

People are paid to figure this shit out and there are studies out there. I’ll link one later. How many people actually visit France for the Palaces versus going for the art galleries, Norte Dame, or the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the decent weather in the south, or the vine yards? What do we have? Chips and gravy, rain and the royal family. 50% of foreign tourists in UK stay in London - why? that place is largely a miserable shit hole that doesn’t serve gravy with chips what sort of abomination is that? there are far nicer parts of the UK to visit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.