The British Monarchy

You see I just dont get this Royalty thing, why should Prince Andrew or Edward be a more important person than....oh I dont know, Blue Mist or Kaz or some charitable voluntary worker, the concept is outmoded and goes against modern equality, and why does one family need 3000 or so rooms in various castles and estates with bucket loads of servants paid for by Joe public ? Is it purely tradition, or tourist income, if thats the case why not have the worlds biggest and best theme park or something ?
The concept of a common tourist attraction surely diminishes the apparent majesty and reverence of their Royal highnesses.
And why/how do they bring all this income in ? Tourists dont have tea with Princess Anne or Camilla do they, in fact they dont see the Royal family, surely they would come to see the buildings, like they do in Paris...Tower Of London. The Mall, Horse Guards Parade etc, Windsor Castle and Buck Palace could be opened to the public, admittance fees, earning millions and still have the changing of the guard etc. Paris has more tourists than London and no Royals.

You see I just dont get this Royalty thing, why should Prince Andrew or Edward be a more important person than....oh I dont know, Blue Mist or Kaz or some charitable voluntary worker, the concept is outmoded and goes against modern equality, and why does one family need 3000 or so rooms in various castles and estates with bucket loads of servants paid for by Joe public ? Is it purely tradition, or tourist income, if thats the case why not have the worlds biggest and best theme park or something ?
The concept of a common tourist attraction surely diminishes the apparent majesty and reverence of their Royal highnesses.
And why/how do they bring all this income in ? Tourists dont have tea with Princess Anne or Camilla do they, in fact they dont see the Royal family, surely they would come to see the buildings, like they do in Paris...Tower Of London. The Mall, Horse Guards Parade etc, Windsor Castle and Buck Palace could be opened to the public, admittance fees, earning millions and still have the changing of the guard etc. Paris has more tourists than London and no Royals.
The suggestion that the paedo Prince is more important than @kaz7 is outrageous.

Once you take that away, the result is a bit like Christianity after Darwin and Wallace's theory of evolution.

Incoherently muddling along.

20211025_164327.png

Pre pandemic top 100 tourist attractions in 2019, sort of dispells the myth they bring in masses of tourism, all 3 royal sites bring in just more than legoland .

View attachment 28732

Pre pandemic top 100 tourist attractions in 2019, sort of dispells the myth they bring in masses of tourism, all 3 royal sites bring in just more than legoland .
That list sort of proves that it doesnt matter if the RF is in those buildings, visitors would still go to see the buildings and grounds, Chatsworth got more visitors that Buck Palace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.