The British Monarchy

It's gonna be a fuckfest when she goes.
Charles aint got the balls to lead, his wife is disliked by millions, so is he.
Now there's all this other shit about honours for money, Harry & Megs cant stand any of them (particularly Camilla, and who can blame Harry for that) so they will be having a regular go big time from California.
Andrew wont disappear, he'll be fucking Charles over when he gets the chance, his horrible wife/not wife will be stirring him up....and this Epstein thing is far from over with him imo.
I'm not a Royalist but I admire Liz. But once she's gone, the monarchy is fucked.
So put all the fancy dress and fake medals into a museum, charge the yanks 50 quid to see them. Get rid of ALL titles, Dukes, Earls, Princes etc fuck it all off and move into the modern age.
The need to bow to anybody imo is ridiculous. Deference will be gone.
There's only 2 people I would ever bow too, both black, both dead, one a musician and one an ex boxer. (Well, maybe Colin Bell also)
Seriously that frail old woman is propping up the whole pack of cards.
This historic picture exemplifies Royalty to me, King George I believe. It says many things.

View attachment 36762
I applaud your sentiments but I don't think UK will turn against them.
The aristocracy will support them, the middle classes will be disdainful but here's the rub: the working classes worship them.

However to counter that I'd have to point out thats a report published in 2017 so will relate to tourism figures for at least 6 years ago - thats pre-pandemic - pre-increased costs of living and travel and they do relate to the year in which Harry began to date an American woman - the future looks very different. Lets see how tourism figures stack up this year and going forward for the reasons outlined above and as the Americans have seen one of their own vilified - will they have the same warm fuzzy feeling to the family? And last but for from least we have to acknowledge that Elizabeth's reign is now severely time limited and will the family hold the same attraction once she has gone?

Of course you’re correct - there is fluidity to tourism based on numerous factors and it’s difficult to predict it or even quantify the numbers. But who in their right mind would actually want to visit the UK if not for our heritage and history - of which the royal family is a significant part?

That said I don’t see Charles having the same draw as the Queen or indeed William and Kate. So I’d not be surprised by a drop off in tourism and it’s wider impacts once Charles takes the throne (I personally think he should pass it on to William and Kate and go talk to his plants). I also think the queen misread it by telling us Camila will be queen consort - both her and Charles aren’t really what you would call modern Britain.

I don't really have much opinion about any of them, bar the Queen, but that is largely formed by the unfortunate circumstances to which she came to the throne and how well she has dealt with that alongside the duration she has reigned. Neither Charles nor William will have the same circumstances or length of service so it's a harder sell for them. In my view removing them would be an exercise in futility and cause more upheaval from a political viewpoint than is worth it, someone will just act as the de-facto monarch in their place so I see no benefit to the great unwashed.

It is an irreversible decision so unlikely to happen.

Scotland does okay with its castles like Sterling and Edinburgh with being used by a monarch, pretty sure London and Berkshire wouldn't be much different.

Liverpool is very popular for Beatles fans without the band existing, and so is York, without a Roman or Viking presence.

Even in Metal's link it says "There is an absence of data as to whether tourists go to the UK specifically because of the royal family". Keep the buildings as tourist attractions, I'm sure they would make historically interesting places for paid visitors.

Scotland does okay with its castles like Sterling and Edinburgh with being used by a monarch, pretty sure London and Berkshire wouldn't be much different.

Liverpool is very popular for Beatles fans without the band existing, and so is York, without a Roman or Viking presence.

Even in Metal's link it says "There is an absence of data as to whether tourists go to the UK specifically because of the royal family". Keep the buildings as tourist attractions, I'm sure they would make historically interesting places for paid visitors.
Versaille million of visitors, no Royals
Nonesense to suggest the Royal Family themselves attract tourists. The pomp and ceremony, the buildings etc do. Unless Charles has been offering VIP behind the scenes visits to truck loads of tourists, I doubt any get even close to seeing any of the family...

It's gonna be a fuckfest when she goes.
Charles aint got the balls to lead, his wife is disliked by millions, so is he.
Now there's all this other shit about honours for money, Harry & Megs cant stand any of them (particularly Camilla, and who can blame Harry for that) so they will be having a regular go big time from California.
Andrew wont disappear, he'll be fucking Charles over when he gets the chance, his horrible wife/not wife will be stirring him up....and this Epstein thing is far from over with him imo.
I'm not a Royalist but I admire Liz. But once she's gone, the monarchy is fucked.
So put all the fancy dress and fake medals into a museum, charge the yanks 50 quid to see them. Get rid of ALL titles, Dukes, Earls, Princes etc fuck it all off and move into the modern age.
The need to bow to anybody imo is ridiculous. Deference will be gone.
There's only 2 people I would ever bow too, both black, both dead, one a musician and one an ex boxer. (Well, maybe Colin Bell also)
Seriously that frail old woman is propping up the whole pack of cards.
This historic picture exemplifies Royalty to me, King George I believe. It says many things.

View attachment 36762
Is that you Bill?

Versaille million of visitors, no Royals
Nonesense to suggest the Royal Family themselves attract tourists. The pomp and ceremony, the buildings etc do. Unless Charles has been offering VIP behind the scenes visits to truck loads of tourists, I doubt any get even close to seeing any of the family...
He's been doing behind the scenes tours and throwing in a knighthood for the right price with a round of golf with the paedo thrown in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.