The British Monarchy

Pointless and unrelated list as that includes domestic tourism. The royal family brings in £500m directly from foreign tourists who come here just for the royal family and are part of the £5bn that foreign tourists spend whilst visiting the UK for culture and heritage reasons (which is the top reason people visit the UK). That’s a somewhwre between £500m (this equates to 8,600 jobs) and £5bn (86,000 jobs) in our economy that simply wouldn’t be there without them.

I’m not sure how many people travel from overseas just to visit Legoland but given they are dotted all over the world I’m going to go with very few.

The monarchy is also not just a tourist attraction.
Could you give us a source for your cloud cuckoo figures?

However to counter that I'd have to point out thats a report published in 2017 so will relate to tourism figures for at least 6 years ago - thats pre-pandemic - pre-increased costs of living and travel and they do relate to the year in which Harry began to date an American woman - the future looks very different. Lets see how tourism figures stack up this year and going forward for the reasons outlined above and as the Americans have seen one of their own vilified - will they have the same warm fuzzy feeling to the family? And last but for from least we have to acknowledge that Elizabeth's reign is now severely time limited and will the family hold the same attraction once she has gone?

However to counter that I'd have to point out thats a report published in 2017 so will relate to tourism figures for at least 6 years ago - thats pre-pandemic - pre-increased costs of living and travel and they do relate to the year in which Harry began to date an American woman - the future looks very different. Lets see how tourism figures stack up this year and going forward for the reasons outlined above and as the Americans have seen one of their own vilified - will they have the same warm fuzzy feeling to the family? And last but for from least we have to acknowledge that Elizabeth's reign is now severely time limited and will the family hold the same attraction once she has gone?
There’s no doubt the monarchy will be hugely diminished when she goes, possibly fatally so in time. Think the numbers in favour of abolition could increase quite quickly, within a year or two.

Charles is going to struggle to keep it together Imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.