The British Monarchy

An old friend of mine regularly asked the question of complete strangers.
Many an interesting conversation ensued.

Yes, but you'd obviously well judged the situation and built a rapport before going in with the question. I also suspect that if she'd have looked a bit pissed off and said she was from chorlton you'd have had the emotional intelligence to drop the subject and steer the conversation elsewhere.
I hadnt. I often ask. It may depend on the customer whether i chat full stop about anything to anyone

I’m merely questioning what is an incredibly, in fact phenomenally detailed description from somebody with a fake persona, who had an obvious axe to grind.
Was watching a tv doc last week where 3 different coppers independently gave a word for word statement off an accused.

It was debunked in court as an expert said only a highly trained actor could hear a statement once and recall it word for word later in the day. Said its nigh on impossible and the odds of 3 doing it astronomical

Yes, but you'd obviously well judged the situation and built a rapport before going in with the question. I also suspect that if she'd have looked a bit pissed off and said she was from chorlton you'd have had the emotional intelligence to drop the subject and steer the conversation elsewhere.
I don't think a rational, nice, normal, non argumentative person would get pissed off. I think most would know exactly what manner the question was asked in and chat , politely, accordingly. I honestly think if someone gets pissed off its more their problem than mine

I don't think a rational, nice, normal, non argumentative person would get pissed off. I think most would know exactly what manner the question was asked in and chat , politely, accordingly. I honestly think if someone gets pissed off its more their problem than mine
I expect that would have been the case with this incident too. It wasn't till something like four questions in that she started getting annoyed.

You asked a question and got a positive response. The racist bit is telling someone who was born in this country, and whose parents moved her 70 years ago, that they are "from" the Caribbean.

Reactions: Ric
Was watching a tv doc last week where 3 different coppers independently gave a word for word statement off an accused.

It was debunked in court as an expert said only a highly trained actor could hear a statement once and recall it word for word later in the day. Said its nigh on impossible and the odds of 3 doing it astronomical

It was debunked because the other person disputed it.

A pretty key detail that’s completely missing here.

I expect that would have been the case with this incident too. It wasn't till something like four questions in that she started getting annoyed.

You asked a question and got a positive response. The racist bit is telling someone who was born in this country, and whose parents moved her 70 years ago, that they are "from" the Caribbean.
I think that if as reported she moved the woman's hair to see her name badge before even opening the conversation then it was doomed from the off. Maybe if it started with a 'hello, sorry I can't see your badge so you will have to introduce yourself' rather than invading her space and rummaging for the label like something on a supermarket shelf things would've gone differently (better)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.