The British Monarchy

Seems like it could be a bot account.

Lots of far right tweets going back.

90% of the tweet history is attacking transsexuals as well.

Not sure the tweet is quite the gotcha it purports itself to be either. Fulani has been pretty open about her nationality and ancestry. It's not uncommon for people of Caribbean descent to want to explore and connect with their African-ness. And it isn't their fault that they've been robbed of their history or a clear idea of precisely where their ancestors are from. Sometimes they have to fill in the gaps themselves but if she's chosen a West African name for herself then that tracks given that's where most slaves that ended up in the Carribbean came from.

Also ironic that that twitter account seems to have a lot say about women's rights but then comes out with loads of needlessly mean spirited comments about how Fulani dresses (calling her cheap etc). Then again, we all know that Terfs aren't really that bothered about other women or gay people. They're just bothered about pushing their own bigoted agenda.

The RW media have a lot to lose here, there vitriolic campaign against Meghan could be proved a lie, Hence the attempts by the RW to discredit the Lady who was questioned about where she was from, and the support given to Lady in Waiting.

I know this is supposition but reading Fumbs post before had me thinking as to what reason behind this furore could there possibly be.

Of course, I might be wrong and talking bollox
The vitriolic campaign against Meghan has been shown to be lies on many occasions.
They have repeatedly praised Kate Middleton for doing certain things yet criticised Meghan for similar actions.

She was born and raised in London, and considers herself British so that will do for me.
Ric, I may come across as flippant, but in general, genuinely, what is and was British?
I’ve asked this many times to many people who are or claim to be British and the goalposts seem to move. It’s a moveable feast it seems. It means different things to different people.

Ric, I may come across as flippant, but in general, genuinely, what is and was British?
I’ve asked this many times to many people who are or claim to be British and the goalposts seem to move. It’s a moveable feast it seems. It means different things to different people.
It meaning different things to different people is surely different to moving the goalposts? The latter implies the same person saying different things at different times, not different people having different opinions.

Clearly there's a legal answer, where anyone who's a British Citizen is British, but for many people it's probably more complicated. Many of us in Manchester will know British Citizens who were born in this country, who consider themselves Irish. I think "different things to different people" is why it's pointless trying to define it.

I remember a program years ago where a racist was explaining that you had to be able to trace your lineage back through multiple generations (some argue as far as the Anglo-Saxons) to be truly British. They did try to move the goalposts when a little research showed that genetically their ancestors were definitely not local :)

It meaning different things to different people is surely different to moving the goalposts? The latter implies the same person saying different things at different times, not different people having different opinions.

Clearly there's a legal answer, where anyone who's a British Citizen is British, but for many people it's probably more complicated. Many of us in Manchester will know British Citizens who were born in this country, who consider themselves Irish. I think "different things to different people" is why it's pointless trying to define it.

I remember a program years ago where a racist was explaining that you had to be able to trace your lineage back through multiple generations (some argue as far as the Anglo-Saxons) to be truly British. They did try to move the goalposts when a little research showed that genetically their ancestors were definitely not local :)

The legal answer is the only answer. The rest is just culture. Myself and someone of Indian or Carribean heritage will be British in documents because we were born on the same island but not in culture or the environment in which we were brought up.

I could have been born and brought up in Spain but if my culture and environment is British I will have considered myself British and not Spanish.

Not sure the tweet is quite the gotcha it purports itself to be either. Fulani has been pretty open about her nationality and ancestry. It's not uncommon for people of Caribbean descent to want to explore and connect with their African-ness. And it isn't their fault that they've been robbed of their history or a clear idea of precisely where their ancestors are from. Sometimes they have to fill in the gaps themselves but if she's chosen a West African name for herself then that tracks given that's where most slaves that ended up in the Carribbean came from.

Also ironic that that twitter account seems to have a lot say about women's rights but then comes out with loads of needlessly mean spirited comments about how Fulani dresses (calling her cheap etc). Then again, we all know that Terfs aren't really that bothered about other women or gay people. They're just bothered about pushing their own bigoted agenda.

My oh my!

The Fulani is a nomadic tribe that roams the Sahel, too far north to be sucked very much into the slave trade. I've met them, they're incredible people, fiercely independent and staggeringly striking....

657152uTSMz9HB.jpg

They sharpen their teeth, did you know that?

Ngozi, on the other hand, is an Igbo name from the south east of Nigeria, about 1,000 km from the Sahel, you know? Biafra? The Biafran war? Lieutenant-Colonel Ujukwu? ring any bells?

Of course not

One of my best mates is an Igbo. You know any Igbo? Fulani? You know where Nigeria is? Or Ghana?

Know anything about the golden age of Nigerian music from the 70's?

Of course not.

The Igbo...

samson-ejim-photo-1-768x509.jpg

Lovely people.

I'm tired of catering to idiots like you.

The really perverse thing is you think you're being oh so politically correct, yet when it comes to African history, culture, anything really, you know sweet Fanny Adams about fuck all.

Oh, by the way, could you be any more patronising?...

it isn't their fault that they've been robbed of their history or a clear idea of precisely where their ancestors are from. Sometimes they have to fill in the gaps themselves but if she's chosen a West African name for herself

Why do you talk about black Britons as if they're children? Do you do this in real life?

Believe me, don't believe me, I couldn't give a flying fuck, but if a pasty faced fat fucker from Salford knows this, there's no reason on earth why Marlene Headley doesn't.

Last edited:

Fair point in the first paragraph.
However as you explain yourself later, you ask this question and people do tend to trip themselves up depending on their own viewpoint or perhaps prejudices.

I’m genuinely not trying to be obstreperous in a British forum but it’s something I’ve never got my head around.
I mean, were my grandparents British because they were born in a pre Republic Ireland. Were they considered so by English people. Did they consider themselves so.?
My own father was born pre the Republic, my mother just after it.

Britishness never entered the conversation over here. It’s something we don’t consider, we see ourselves as very different but 100 years ago were we considered so by mainland Britain.

Last edited:
The Palace haven’t disputed the transcript, and most importantly neither has Hussey herself. But you continually are, which seems a little odd.
is that the transcript you posted a few pages back. Is that the full conversation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.