The British Monarchy

I lived in West Africa for some time, the security guards at the entrance I use for the Etihad were Nigerian, I recognised their accent, I asked them where they were from and we've had a few good conversations about places, food, drink, music, they love Nigeria and so do I, and they were happy to chat with someone who appreciated their homeland and knew a bit about it.There's a Ghanaian lad now and I noticed he was different from the Nigerian lads, he's from Kumasi and he's Ashanti, again we had a good laugh about beer (Kumasi makes the best beer) food, high life music and so on.

None of these conversations would've been possible had I worried about asking where they were from.
Well done my friend. Thank you for your support. In fact many people do not understand the significance of your comments.. they speak volumes..When you read what happens to people, you actually question the sanity of the world we live in.. destroying people , getting cash for a perceived injustice.
I kid you not, after reading about this situation, it really made me scared to interact with people. I live in Congleton now and was walking down the round to get my elderly parents their prescriptions. There was an elderly lady pushing her even more elderly mother in a wheel chair. She could not get over a kerb.I helped her. I heard them talking and am quite proficient in Slavic languages and others.. Started speaking to her in Polish..Of course she was initially shocked but we got talking and had a good chat. No problem.A good day in a stressful life. The day in a multinational world we live in and we can not speak or interact is indeed a very sad day.
Orwell got it right in 1984.. The Thought Police are here.

EDIT, I do believe we may be off topic here !!!

She certainly came across as looking for an argument. She knew what the woman was asking but chose to be evasive just to cause a situation. She's culturally appropriated a name and look ( which apparently is a big no no nowadays) then when asked where she's from kicks off.
It's like me standing there in a kilt and sporran, even though I'm not Scottish , then getting offended when someone is trying to get to the bottom of which part of Scotland I'm from, and I just keep saying I'm from Audenshaw.

How was she looking for an argument when Hussey approached her? How was she evasive - when asked where she was from where she was born and what nationality she was she answered Hackney, London and British as was appropriate and truthful.

Reactions: Ric
How was she looking for an argument when Hussey approached her? How was she evasive - when asked where she was from where she was born and what nationality she was she answered Hackney, London and British as was appropriate and truthful.
Because if she's stood there in what looks like national dress, and someone asks her where she's from and after answering initially, the woman says no I mean.... She knew exactly what she meant.

Because if she's stood there in what looks like national dress, and someone asks her where she's from and after answering initially, the woman says no I mean.... She knew exactly what she meant.

she did - hence she answered truthfully. If you met a bloke with a Brummie accent wearing a kilt and asked the same questions and got the same answers ( applicable to Birmingham ) would you push it because YOU wanted him to say he was from Glasgow or something? Any supporter wearing a replica shirt MUST come from the place where the team he supports comes from? Clothing is just clothing. If I buy suit from Saville Row and a shirt from Jermyn Street and some hand made brogues I am still the same me who wears jeans and a T-shirt.

Yesterday you were arguing with me after I said that Fulani was British and of Caribbean heritage, and that the whole African persona she worked so hard to cultivate was a fake. In fact you posted several times about this in the afternoon, in your usual shouty style of course, clearly taking some sort of umbrage with me suggesting she was British with a Caribbean heritage.

Her choice of name was one of the reasons why I thought the African persona was a fake, after doing a bit of reading that is, and a colleague who has Nigerian parents (who is of course British) also suggested it was a fake (I.e. not a family name). Another reason why I doubted the persona was an article written by a certain Ngozi Fulani, who stated that her connection with Africa started when she teamed up with an African dance group in London. No mention of family, just the dance group, which seemed a bit off to me. The Ghanaian lady in the thread points out further issues with her choice of clothing, which I’m happy to admit I wasn’t aware of.

Move on to this evening, and you’re now claiming that I haven’t worked out that she’s British, three days in.

It’s an interesting approach, certainly novel, although I’m starting to suspect that you get just as much pleasure from arguing with yourself as you do with other people on the thread.

She’s British with Caribbean and African heritage, what part of this are you struggling with? She literally spelled it out in the original conversation.

You don’t get to claim her African heritage is fake because it goes back more than one generation - a standard never used by anyone before because it’s so stupid- and the fact a random Ghanaian twitter user says she’s not African doesn’t contradict her because she’s never claimed to be - although it’s interesting you didn’t quote the bit where that twitter poster says the interrogation was completely inappropriate.

I do find it interesting that the 2 people most desperate to argue with Fulani’s complaint about Hussey are a guy who says it can’t be racist because Fulani isn’t really African and the other says it can’t be true because he (and no one actually present) thinks she must be lying about the conversation - presumably because if it did happen as reported it’s obviously inappropriate and racist.

And you both also keep complaining about me replying to your replies.

I’m not sure how anyone could read that transcript and think Fulani instigated it. Discussion about whether she’s of Jamaican or African heritage is moot, and not mutually exclusive anyway. She is British, which is why the “where are you really from” persistent questioning was inappropriate and offensive. Hussey herself has apologised and resigned, so not sure why people are still so vehemently fighting her corner.

So.. you go down the pub and see a guy in a Newcastle shirt and ask him whereabouts in the NE do you live,should you lose a job over that ?? just think, where has humanity and common sense gone ?? I applaud perfect fumble. It is not about black or white, it is just human interaction and decency, and different people mix more than ever and I feel situations like this are divisive and unecessary. Frankly, most people are proud of their heritage.Indeed I am convinced this type of scenario makes matters worse.I will tell you this now. As a retired doctor when I worked in hospital, the staff in London at night were black.I do not even know if this is the right term and excuse me if I am wrong. The ladies in the canteen, the nurses were mostly black. They had the shittiest shifts, the shittiest jobs but know this they kept the NHS going and still do. But I could speak to them about their lives and background.Never an issue. I am losing my vision. Am under the care of Queen Victoria Hospital in East Sussex despite now liviing in Congleton. Staff mostly people from the Phillipines, Bulgaria wherever. I speak and they are all happy to discuss their background. There is however always a bad apple. This case was a bad apple.

If you met a bloke with a Brummie accent wearing a kilt and asked the same questions and got the same answers ( applicable to Birmingham ) would you push it because YOU wanted him to say he was from Glasgow or something? Any supporter wearing a replica shirt MUST come from the place where the team he supports comes from?
You’re not taking about this guy are you?

9BFAF8D0-F77D-4786-A7E0-A2EA3573F1AB.jpeg

Niche joke, admittedly, but many Blues will know him, he has “GLASWEGIAN BRUMMIE MANC” on the back of his shirt, but can’t find any pictures of it.

I’m not sure how anyone could read that transcript and think Fulani instigated it. Discussion about whether she’s of Jamaican or African heritage is moot, and not mutually exclusive anyway. She is British, which is why the “where are you really from” persistent questioning was inappropriate and offensive. Hussey herself has apologised and resigned, so not sure why people are still so vehemently fighting her corner.
And remind me again, what is British?
Is it being born on the island of Britain? Was it being born within the empire? Ever?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.