The British Monarchy

The last bit was more about making the point that it can mean different things. That person tried to define it (clearly in a way that they thought would keep them in it, but exclude others).

I'd suggest we give leeway to the person defining themselves, but they don't get to define everyone's right to feel that this is there home. Who knows what your parents felt. There are levels of complexity with Ireland that go way beyond the Irish Mancunians I went to school with :)

I myself really don't care what people's answers are about themselves. I do understand it's importance to many immigrants, or recent descendants of immigrants as there are obviously people who would try to tell them this isn't where they belong, so being British takes on added importance.
Thanks for trying to answer me, mate, but I hope you understand where an Irishman’s confusion comes from.
I find it hard to nail down a definition of what a lot of you hold so dear.

Perhaps the same question could be asked about what does it mean to be Irish. I can certainly see that happening as the diaspora opens up and immigration reaches second generations.

Who goes around writing transcripts (verbatim) of their encounters?
maybe someone who (before they went) thinks the royal family is racist...they may be. but get real - this was a stich up from someone with a pre-loaded agenda.

Is this the Orwellian world you want to live in tripping up old grannies - recording them and spilling the beans to the press? for what? for doing their job, even if she was insensative.
cancel the world.

maybe someone who (before they went) thinks the royal family is racist...they may be. but get real - this was a stich up from someone with a pre-loaded agenda.

Is this the Orwellian world you want to live in tripping up old grannies - recording them and spilling the beans to the press? for what? for doing their job, even if she was insensative.
cancel the world.

Could end the monarchy to save it happening.

cancel the world.
Who wrote a transcript? Who recorded it?

Othering is not just a right wing pursuit you know.

I sometimes get the impression that if Piers Morgan said that gravity is real you'd jump off a cliff to prove him wrong.

Right wing talking heads take grievances and spin them for their own advantage and often they make them up, but sometimes they don't. Of course the right will always spin a grievance for their own advantage, but sometimes the grievance is very real and rooted in reality and the left are simply incapable of giving voice to it, in fact they are increasingly complicit and close down any dispassionate argument to the contrary.

There is no churn of ideas on the left anymore, just an orthodoxy. Bizarrely there is tremendous churn of ideas on the right, all of them bollocks of course and some, see Liz Truss, more bollocks than others.

Are you auditioning for a slot on GB News? ;)

Those lying sacks of shit knowingly lie for a living, I couldn't do it even if I wanted to, I'm simply incapable of imagining how a person does that, peddles blatant lies, everyday, all the time.

And yet some of them believe everything they say is true. Couldn't you fill Darren Grimes slot?

In all faireness, I have read the transcript which is a one sided view of a conversation..come on..you must accept that someone who was generally regarded as kind, has not really been given a chance to give her side..ever had a barney with your partner where there is a conversation about who said what ?? Watch the GMB video, to me contradictory.
Lets just agree to disagree..!!!

In all fairness I was about to post ever had a barney with the mrs. then realised that you may be LGBTQ..so changed it to partner..If you have never had a partner I must apologise. !!
IMO if the transcript had not been an accurate representation it would have been challenged.
It hasn't.

cancel the world.
Absolutely no surprise which side of the argument you fall on. The world doesn’t need cancelling, just the gobshites that inhabit it.

Absolutely no surprise which side of the argument you fall on. The world doesn’t need cancelling, just the gobshites that inhabit it.
Hey! you’re bright aren’t you...look, she maybe is racist, but, I don’t know for sure and neither do you...that's the point. Innocent before being proven guilty, trial by media and idiots like you -no, thats not on.

Persistently asking someone ‘where are you from?’ maybe insensitive/annoying at best, but, NOT a sacking offence.
What side am I on? ...the side of truth, - maybe - is all this is, at best...you're at the front of the queue with a torch in hand, you sad man.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.