The British Monarchy

She’s British with Caribbean and African heritage, what part of this are you struggling with? She literally spelled it out in the original conversation.

You don’t get to claim her African heritage is fake because it goes back more than one generation - a standard never used by anyone before because it’s so stupid- and the fact a random Ghanaian twitter user says she’s not African doesn’t contradict her because she’s never claimed to be - although it’s interesting you didn’t quote the bit where that twitter poster says the interrogation was completely inappropriate.

I do find it interesting that the 2 people most desperate to argue with Fulani’s complaint about Hussey are a guy who says it can’t be racist because Fulani isn’t really African and the other says it can’t be true because he (and no one actually present) thinks she must be lying about the conversation - presumably because if it did happen as reported it’s obviously inappropriate and racist.

And you both also keep complaining about me replying to your replies.
You’re very good at pointing out things that people understand, not just in this thread but across the board in general. The trouble is that the thing you highlight changes with every post, without of course any acknowledgment that your earlier posts were inaccurate and disingenuous (such as claiming I refused to believe Fulani was British). I really don’t see the point in conversing with you given this pattern of your behaviour.

I’m happy for you if you believe that befriending a particular dance group is proof of heritage. I’m also happy for you if you believe that somebody who (after teaming up with said dance group) chooses to change her name from Marlene Headley to Ngozi Fulani - and dresses as she does - isn’t giving anyone any reason to believe that she may possibly be from an African family. Needless to say, I’m also happy if you believe that somebody can remember every single word of a longish conversation, and be able to produce an exact, 100% accurate transcript - with all the correct emphasis and changes of tone - the following day. Furthermore, I’m chuffed if you think that Fulani’s past comments about the royal family are completely irrelevant to the whole episode.

But, most of all, I’d just be happy to ignore you from now on.

And remind me again, what is British?
Is it being born on the island of Britain? Was it being born within the empire? Ever?
Up to the individual I suppose. If it says it in your (only) passport then it's a legal fact. Within that though there will be many folk that regard themselves as Scottish, Welsh, Irish, English or even European. Then there will be a lot of 1st/2nd generation British that may still feel they come from/belong somewhere else. Outside of the legal need for a passport to travel I don't suppose it matters what an individual decides to define themselves. Some struggle to pick from a couple of genders so with 195 countries to choose from this could get complicated.

I’m also happy if you believe that somebody can remember every single word of a longish conversation, and be able to produce an exact, 100% accurate transcript - with all the correct emphasis and changes of tone - the following day
The Palace haven’t disputed the transcript, and most importantly neither has Hussey herself. But you continually are, which seems a little odd.

She was born and raised in London, and considers herself British so that will do for me.
Ric , you are totally missing the point..I was born in Manchester but have a strange surname, foreign parents. I regard myself as English.
I take no offence from people asking me of my heritage. Just explain how that is deemed indecent ?

Ric , you are totally missing the point..I was born in Manchester but have a strange surname, foreign parents. I regard myself as English.
I take no offence from people asking me of my heritage. Just explain how that is deemed indecent ?
With the greatest respect mate, I feel like you’re maybe missing the point. If she’d just asked about Fulani’s heritage there wouldn’t have been an issue. It was the persistent, inappropriate nature of the questioning that caused the problem. Have you read the full transcript?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.