The British Monarchy

WTF? was Camilla scared that the colour of the little girls skin might rub off on her?

Thats awful, simply indefensible.
I can’t see her wriggling out of that - maybe there is something in all this shit, I was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt, but, if ever an image said a thousand words.

Thats awful, simply indefensible.
I can’t see her wriggling out of that - maybe there is something in all this shit, I was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt, but, if ever an image said a thousand words.

I presume she has never been photographed shaking the hand of non-white people then?

She did well to avoid doing it on their Caribbean tour. Oh wait she did…

9E87DA6B-9328-4B77-9E0B-2C4FD3D57153.jpeg

Who goes around writing transcripts (verbatim) of their encounters?
maybe someone who (before they went) thinks the royal family is racist...they may be. but get real - this was a stich up from someone with a pre-loaded agenda.

Is this the Orwellian world you want to live in tripping up old grannies - recording them and spilling the beans to the press? for what? for doing their job, even if she was insensative.
cancel the world.
Yeah, who on earth would want to cancel cuddly insensitive racist old grannies. If they can't be insensitive and racist, then who can.

If in doubt use Orwellian, that sounds like you know his writing and understand its points and abstractions.

In Orwell's Shooting an Elephant. it raises the distinction between racial prejudice and racism.

Many people, even cuddly old grannies have racial prejudices. My mam who was from a similar era as the cuddly old granny of whom you speak was full of racial prejudice, yet we had Nigerian neighbours and she was never racist towards them, in fact she loved the young boys and had great respect for the parents. For all my mam's racial prejudice she never once asked where they were from, they volunteered the information to me one day in a conversation about holidays and how they were planning a trip to Nigeria to see relatives. We were invited to one of the boy's birthday parties and the ladies and girls pretty much all wore traditional Nigerian dress, again my mams racial prejudices remained hidden that day as she discussed the braiding in the hair of some young girls, who took delight in showing my mum how it was done and why it was important. My mum told them she had braided the hair of her younger sisters when they were young. I believe this happened because my mum saw that they were working class people just like her, I had a few beers in the garden with some of the older lads and we talked about football, them mostly being Chelsea fans and we had a laugh.

European culture in the 19th and part of the 20th century was infused with a sense of superiority, even among those who were left wing and anti-imperialist. There were some theoretical racists, but they were merely corroborating idiotic assumption. A cuddly old granny who has been infused by dent of working into the English class system may well hold that sense of superiority as its the norm, that is inacceptable whether you believe it was a stitch up or not. Her behaviour was crass, she obviously has racial prejudices and may even be an outright racist.

Is it totally her fault, perhaps not, because she may be just as much a victim of the class system as the person who was on the end of her questioning.

Yeah, who on earth would want to cancel cuddly insensitive racist old grannies. If they can't be insensitive and racist, then who can.

If in doubt use Orwellian, that sounds like you know his writing and understand its points and abstractions.

In Orwell's Shooting an Elephant. it raises the distinction between racial prejudice and racism.

Many people, even cuddly old grannies have racial prejudices. My mam who was from a similar era as the cuddly old granny of whom you speak was full of racial prejudice, yet we had Nigerian neighbours and she was never racist towards them, in fact she loved the young boys and had great respect for the parents. For all my mam's racial prejudice she never once asked where they were from, they volunteered the information to me one day in a conversation about holidays and how they were planning a trip to Nigeria to see relatives. We were invited to one of the boy's birthday parties and the ladies and girls pretty much all wore traditional Nigerian dress, again my mams racial prejudices remained hidden that day as she discussed the braiding in the hair of some young girls, who took delight in showing my mum how it was done and why it was important. My mum told them she had braided the hair of her younger sisters when they were young. I believe this happened because my mum saw that they were working class people just like her, I had a few beers in the garden with some of the older lads and we talked about football, them mostly being Chelsea fans and we had a laugh.

European culture in the 19th and part of the 20th century was infused with a sense of superiority, even among those who were left wing and anti-imperialist. There were some theoretical racists, but they were merely corroborating idiotic assumption. A cuddly old granny who has been infused by dent of working into the English class system may well hold that sense of superiority as its the norm, that is inacceptable whether you believe it was a stitch up or not. Her behaviour was crass, she obviously has racial prejudices and may even be an outright racist.

Is it totally her fault, perhaps not, because she may be just as much a victim of the class system as the person who was on the end of her questioning.
nurse.

You make it sound that only white English or British born people can be prejudiced or class conscious. I think that's wrong.

I see Harry and Meghan are enjoy their quiet life with a Netflix 6 part documentary. I doubt the thick end of being paid £80m really entered the equation.

I couldn’t give a fuck if they are telling the truth or not. They are both turning out to be very unlikeable cunts.
During a cost of living crisis, nobody gives a f*ck about their grievances.

You make it sound that only white English or British born people can be prejudiced or class conscious. I think that's wrong.

Absolutely. My daughter, was around 4 or 5 at the time, was racially abused by a woman of colour in our then local shop some years ago. Witnessed by Mrs MB who was too gobsmacked to put the racist **** on her arse where she belonged, like any racist ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.