The British Monarchy

For a couple that wanted to give up public life and the royal family, they do seem to be in the news a lot! But of course their main income supply is to keep dipping into the Royal well and pull out more stories about how bad their life is/was there . I think they would get more sympathy if they just shut the fuck up and stopped whoring themselves about as ex royals for hire, and actually went and lived the simple life they said they wanted .
Correct and could Harry have a DNA test so we can all finally find out who is father actually is?

For a couple that wanted to give up public life and the royal family, they do seem to be in the news a lot! But of course their main income supply is to keep dipping into the Royal well and pull out more stories about how bad their life is/was there . I think they would get more sympathy if they just shut the fuck up and stopped whoring themselves about as ex royals for hire, and actually went and lived the simple life they said they wanted .
There are significantly more articles about them than articles that they elicit themselves. Unfortunately, they have been the subject of a targeted campaign, by certain elements of the media, because it drives clicks and profit. The articles are supported by the readers of those publications because of the race element.

I linked to an article discussing comparative headlines from a period before any drama and the bias was, and remains, absolutely clear. If I had been treated in this way, or my wife had, you best believe that I would not be silent about it.

Today, if you wish to, have a read of the comments section of this article: it is appalling.

Hey! you’re bright aren’t you...look, she maybe is racist, but, I don’t know for sure and neither do you...that's the point. Innocent before being proven guilty, trial by media and idiots like you -no, thats not on.

Persistently asking someone ‘where are you from?’ maybe insensitive/annoying at best, but, NOT a sacking offence.
What side am I on? ...the side of truth, - maybe - is all this is, at best...you're at the front of the queue with a torch in hand, you sad man.
Yeah but what side are you really on...?

I am not in favour of a Republic and consider a Monarchy as the better option.

However there are far too many of them, they need a good culling like those folk do to their own wild deer population.

You prove my point and post beautifully.

Racial prejudice exists and sometimes explodes into outright racism, just like it did with Lady Hussey.

I’d say there are different forms of racial prejudice, some direct, some indirect. The outright spit in your face (or worse) BNP type (as experienced by my daughter and plenty of others over the years), the “I didn’t mean to cause any offence” type where the recipient is made to feel deeply uncomfortable (in the case of Lady Hussey) and finally there is the “life is harder for me because of my race” type which covers a broad spectrum from racial profiling to it just being a little bit harder to do everyday stuff like buy make up or shampoo.

We do have a ways to go in this country still, although we can see why people think that the worst excesses of these prejudices can be demarked along generational lines - crikey how my grandparents would refer to people of colour was without malice but was nonetheless horrific - they would have certainly classed themselves as “I don’t mean any harm”.

There are significantly more articles about them than articles that they elicit themselves. Unfortunately, they have been the subject of a targeted campaign, by certain elements of the media, because it drives clicks and profit. The articles are supported by the readers of those publications because of the race element.

I linked to an article discussing comparative headlines from a period before any drama and the bias was, and remains, absolutely clear. If I had been treated in this way, or my wife had, you best believe that I would not be silent about it.

Today, if you wish to, have a read of the comments section of this article: it is appalling.

I don't think anyone who cries about "but they wanted privacy" is acting in good faith.

Everyone knows there's a fundamental difference in voluntarily offering up a photo, an interview, a book & someone stalking you and harrassing you for photos or comment every day, rooting through your bins or bribing palace officials, old school friends & busybodies for gossip.

Privacy is the right not be intruded on, to choose how much of your life you put into the world. From what I understand, in America they are entirely free to put as much or as little of their personal life into the world, and that is privacy.

So no one who says "How can he do a documentary i thought he wanted privacy" is to be taken seriously - either they don't know what the word means or they are pretending they don't.

Massive question - its Monday night ( well just past ) - the Netflix documentary is released midweek - come Friday will anyone on here have had their life changed by its content?
I could be wrong but I suspect that most people are weary of the whole thing now and they will likely see it for what it is, namely a glib, self-serving docusoap featuring a couple of dimwits, and ultimately a pretty shameless attempt to make a load of dollar while they’re still relevant.

I could be wrong but I suspect that most people are weary of the whole thing now and they will likely see it for what it is, namely a glib, self-serving docusoap featuring a couple of dimwits, and ultimately a pretty shameless attempt to make a load of dollar while they’re still relevant.

So its just like any telly then?

It’d be a pretty elaborate stitch-up tbf. Creating a charity seven years ago just to eventually gain an invite to Buckingham Palace, then somehow tricking a relatively insignificant Royal aide to inappropriately quiz you about your background would be some 3D-chess.

It’s one thing to defend Hussey on the grounds of her age or even her intentions in the conversation, but to suggest that she was somehow stitched up, or that the transcript is fabricated, is a bit much.
By ‘stitch-up’ I meant (not her credentials at having a charity, btw) but, more the fact that she previously called-out the royals as being racist towards Megan - (this itself has never been validated with proof) and who transcribes conversations, and remembers every word? who could do that without a recording device? verbatim?

It's hardly a friendly stance - evading questions then hurriedly doing a kiss and tell to the press, I have no love for the royals at all btw, none, but yes, I think (but don’t know for sure, and neither do you) she had a pre-loaded agenda, I think thats obvious and apparent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.