The British Monarchy

Don’t watch it then, it’s not compulsory. I’ve never watched it, ever. We always prefer whatever is on the other side or turned the telly off. And I’m marginally in favour of the monarchy!
I think these things are like trump's twitter feed. 80% of viewers are the already outraged trolling themselves.

I watched it because its part of our history. Quite an ok speech, not too bothered by the royal family but I am not one of the haters

Totally agree. I'm no royalist but thought he hit the right tone. Was suitably inclusive, acknowledged the forces, NHS staff & volunteers, but he unsurprisingly managed to erase one of his brothers & his younger son from history.

Come on kaz.
Great speech from Red Charlie with praise for nurses and ambulance drivers.
Tories would have hated it.
Thought you'd have liked it.

After reading this I went back and actually watched it. Pretty disappointed to be honest. His praise of those fine people should have been much more forthright. I’m pretty sure the Tories won’t give a toss what he said. The speech was sadly the same old limp platitudes and added up to nothing. He’ll say more or less the same next year.

There was nothing in the broadcast to convince me that this ‘king’ is on my side. Absolutely nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.