The bunting has started appearing

Nicola is an evil scheming bastard but at least she was elected unlike our head of state who reaches that office by virtue of being a direct descendent of the Electress of Hanover.
So elect an evil scheming bastard that seems a great idea ,now wheres that happened before.I'm quite happy to stick with the system we have now thanks no matter where they descend from.

Will probably get slated for this, but I find a 73yr old man still calling him Ma, mummy a bit wierd.
Ma, Mam, Mum, Mother, the old dear etc seems about right, mummy though? Is he 4 yrs old or getting her embalmed of sommat.

Maybe it's just me, but don't think I have called me mam mummy since I was a yound child

Will probably get slated for this, but I find a 73yr old man still calling him Ma, mummy a bit wierd.
Ma, Mam, Mum, Mother, the old dear etc seems about right, mummy though? Is he 4 yrs old or getting her embalmed of sommat.
I can’t wait for when Charles has acceded to the throne and bangs on about climate change.

Wonder how the royal family will be seen then by the royal gammon.

Don't really have a strong opinion on all the celebrations. However, I do wish they would "slim down" the monarchy. I do think the Queen deserves the plaudits though and I've just watched what I wanted to watch, certainly not all of it.
I think most people are relaxed about it all, and nobody is forced to celebrate.

Latest YouGov poll has 62% in favour of the monarchy, with 22% opposed (presumably the remaining 16% are undecided). Fairly strong majority, but could be a shift when Charles takes the throne. Think it’s a bit disingenuous though to say that even if there were more support for a republic that we’d be having mass protests. Don’t think it’s that emotive a subject for most.

that’s kind of my point. 17 million people apparently wanting a republic. If people were that against the royal family surely they’d be more people actively trying to remove it. It’s a tiny minority overall who want that.

it’s clearly emotive for some posters on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.