The Co-op Live, next to the Etihad.

Actually tonight we found it ok. Not like football at all. Tram queue wasn’t too bad but we walked out past the main entrance to walk back to Piccadilly as parked near there and there were loads of black cabs (unlike when football on!) and then traffic was great. James came off at 10.45pm and I was home in Warrington by 11.30. I think we would have been fine for the last train had we travelled that way but like you say, no guarantees of that and shouldnt have to worry about how to get home. James came on at 8.45 which helped.

Similar for me really. Live in Stockport but drove to the Ashton Moss park & ride tram and went from there. We were in about 7, which meant no queues but a bit of sitting around waiting. Halfway through Razorlight we went out to get drinks/snacks (with my 11 year old). Loads of bars within easy walking distance, pretty small queues at each, but we went to a little Co-op shop. Wasn't bad, but not a lot of choice and overpriced (like the merch).

I was on the back row at the side and the sound was the best I've experienced at a big arena. James came on around 8.40, played 17 tracks plus 4 for an encore.

We left as soon as the last song ended (maybe 10.40) and managed to get on a tram that was waiting and straight back to Ashton Moss. Back home at 11.25.

James were outstanding last night, unbelievably good. The arena is very impressive and £7.80 for Asahi wasn't too bad, but the bars in the standing area were bobbins, so slow. LG tomorrow night and I'm expecting another top experience, but in the lower tier seats this time so maybe the bars will be less hammered (wishful thinking probably).

Reactions: jrb
So, has anyone actually been impressed with and enjoyed going to the arena, or is everyone who's been found faults with it?

PS. See above.

RE: London. The tube becomes less of a novelty when you use it daily. Bank station around rush hour is carnage.

It is dreadful especially the Metrolink, London transport is a thousand times better.

The North/South divide is alive and kicking.

100 percent. Ive lived in London a couple of years now and its still funny to me when everyone moans that the tube is a minute late, don't know how lucky they are

James were outstanding last night, unbelievably good. The arena is very impressive and £7.80 for Asahi wasn't too bad, but the bars in the standing area were bobbins, so slow. LG tomorrow night and I'm expecting another top experience, but in the lower tier seats this time so maybe the bars will be less hammered (wishful thinking probably).

Id expect the bars to be loads worse for an LG gig, id start queuing now mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.