The Conservative Party/Government

I do wonder about the turnout for these elections. My polling station was dead I was the only one there and I've spoken to friends and family who were surprised to learn there was an election today.
I think that epitomizes the lack of interest in politics. I wish there was something that could be done to raise voter interest and attendance. Do children have lessons on democracy? They didn't when I was a teacher.

I take an interest in politics and I will always vote but feel that my vote is wasted. Solid blue Tory around here both locally and nationally. With an 80 seat majority I feel that nothing will change and they will just push everything through and f..k everyone.

So brink of recession, interest rates highest since.... ooh, since Labour got them down.... and inflation going into double figures.

But Tories know how to run the economy...

Nothing to do with Brexit of course - all Covid related - but they seem to want us to believe Covid is over so how is that going to cause an issue in the future if its done and dusted? Also there are 27 other countries tied up in Brexit and who went through a pandemic - why are none of them predicting recession there?

Nothing to do with Brexit of course - all Covid related - but they seem to want us to believe Covid is over so how is that going to cause an issue in the future if its done and dusted? Also there are 27 other countries tied up in Brexit and who went through a pandemic - why are none of them predicting recession there?
And they claim that all our current economic problems are caused simply by covid.
The OBR (on whose figures this government base their budgets and predictions) tell us that brexit will twice as harmful as that.
Blame apportioning will be fun from now on.

It's remainers fault theyve lost Wandsworth council according to Malthouse on 5live.

‘It’s bad but not that bad’ is the quote for today.

Yep, anything in life could be worse, and if you don’t pull your fingers out, it’s going to get a lot worse for many.

So far it’s looking like a bad day for the Conservatives but not quite the absolute carnage that some had predicted- many Conservatives did do themselves simply to lessen the ultimate impact. The interesting question now, however, is whether they hold and presumably lose both forthcoming by-elections on the same day, rip the plaster off in one go, or do they stagger them and prolong the agony.

I reckon they’ll hold them on the same day. One will likely go Liberal Democrat and the other Labour, and that’s when the Conservatives will start their full attack on their opponents’ non-aggression pact.

where it will get bad for Johnson is Scotland and NI - If the Tories disappear off the electoral map and Labour look like staging a bit of a comeback there and the DUP are destroyed in NI that will focus Tory view points as they will face challenges from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.