The Conservative Party

Zahawi, a man with no discernable experience in education (being a teachet would have helped), becomes minister for education. And today, this same man with no discernable experience in finance becomes the person who holds the national purse strings. A fucking shambles
Happens all the time. The Business secretary Kwasi Quaton (sp) is a fine example. He just reads words, I don't think he understands a single word about the subject he speaks on. A complete and total liability.

He chose Angela Rayner mate she’s horrible, I could tell you some stories of how self important she thinks she Telling his MPs not to go on the picket lines they are Labour for fucks sake.
Like him Rayner was elected by the membership not chosen. Not defending her but blaming her for the picket line ban is wide of the mark.

Do you think that EU membership has dulled our production of such people? By that I mean we have a generation of MPs that have simply criticised and slightly adapted EU laws rather than actually made them from scratch.
I am asking whether any of them have the tools and experience of pre EU MPs?
I think it's more a product of why people go into politics nowadays. I don't doubt some want to help but many I think are in it for the personal benefits and what comes afterwards. I don't think the EU has anything really to do with it, we had MEP's and well I don't really know what they did, very few could even name their MEP.

Just as an example, the MP where I used to live was a solicitor before she became an MP. She came into politics I think around 2015, did 4 years and then didn't stand in 2019. She now has an OBE and is a non-executive director for the water regulator OFWAT. So thanks to 4 years of work where she did nothing for the area she's now probably earning stupid money for very little work, no doubt again whilst also moonlighting in another job.

Personally I think the solution is simple, double their salary and ban second jobs, ban 3rd party gifts and ban any other nonsense that you can't believe is even allowed in a modern democracy. Make these changes and watch what happens, half of this lot wouldn't touch the job with a bargepole but maybe we'd get a very different type of people.

It is quite normal for Ministers to have no fundamental understanding of their brief. They are there to represent *you* not to be expert. This is why they *ought* to rely on the advice of civil servants who *do* understand the workings of the department.

Whether this is the best way to run a country is another matter. But how could you ever be sure that the Chancellor of the Exchequer (for example) was an economist? The only way would be to directly elect him, choosing from a list of qualified people. That would be very radical, in terms of the 'constitution.' I myself would favour it, but in a country where people are suspicious of even such obvious reforms as PR voting, it's a non-starter.

What's his problem with Alistair Campbell. Does that man know where his bodies are buried?
It was quite a bizarre interview, like most these days with Tory ministers. Those sent out to defend the greased piglet seem to squirm around looking for targets that they can use to muster support from the Tory faithful. Obviously Corbyn is a favourite but Alistair Campbell's close association with Tony Blair makes him another useful foil.
The favourite tactic though is to inappropriately bang on about vaccines which Zahawi managed to do about five times in answer to questions about Johnson's honesty. Even the morons should be able to see through this now, although I suspect there's still a lot that are too far gone.

Goodness me what a circus this is.
The country is in a mess
Was the Churchill era as bad as this?

Like him Rayner was elected by the membership not chosen. Not defending her but blaming her for the picket line ban is wide of the mark.
Not blaming her mate my sentence came out wrong, it was Starmer. I just know what she’s like as a person and believe me she’s up there with Dorres. If I had my way I’d cull the lot change hiw the country elect them and say they need to have had a real job before spouting shite on how we should all just manage and tighten our belts. 600 odd wankers the lot of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.