The Conservative Party

Kwarteng seemed to be trying to put the blame on the Bank of England for getting their forecast wrong. I expect that that will continue to be a line peddled.
Mentioned this in another thread. If the BofE had put its rates up earlier, then they would probably be closer to the Fed’s 2.25-2.5% but that would have added to other problems as well.

There is a siege mentality in the Government now with everyone outside seen as an enemy/scapegoat and that will only make the next two years even uglier.

Kwasi Kwarteng on Sky this morning when asked why BoJo and Zahawi weren't back in the country dealing with the economic crisis replies I'm here, I'm the Business Secretary, I'm in your studio, I'm in a suit, I'm not on holiday.
I mean WTF!

I spat me rice crispies out when he said the BoE should have their mandate reviewed. Make interest rates political instead of economical eh? That this loon is in Truss’s corner should ring alarms bells.

Being tipped for the Chancellor under a Truss Government.

YCMIU if you really really tried.

Mentioned this in another thread. If the BofE had put its rates up earlier, then they would probably be closer to the Fed’s 2.25-2.5% but that would have added to other problems as well.

There is a siege mentality in the Government now with everyone outside seen as an enemy/scapegoat and that will only make the next two years even uglier.

Yep .... they've moved on from identifying and punishing the people responsible ''for the failure of Brexit'' to putting those people into indoctrination camps (a la Prevent).

Batshit crazy.

This Truss narrative of blaming the BoE and consequently wanting to politicise its decisions is probably the most dangerous thing possible when you look at the politicians who will get themselves involved in making those decisions. Not an O level in Economics between them.

It's a logical follow on from letting anyone drive lorries whether they know what they're doing or not. Hospital chefs will be doing open heart surgery next, because they've had experience using a knife.

Being tipped for the Chancellor under a Truss Government.

YCMIU if you really really tried.

Fuck me sideways, just when you think it couldn’t get any worse. Herein is the problem… many of these MP supporters of Truss aren’t because they think she’s the best for the job but rather because they think she is going to win want a seat at the top table. If Sunak had lead the polls they’d be swooning over him - spineless cunts in feathering their own nests shocker. These spineless fuckers won’t stand up to Truss and her? crazy ideas either. I say her? as I suspect she is just the less repugnant face of Mogg - vote Truss get Mogg. One I have a bit of sympathy with is Ben Wallace - I suspect he will want to keep on in Defence with the world as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.