The Conservative Party

How much would it actually cost to renationalise gas and electric, how do they even work it out?

We are going to pay £2 bill to bail out the customers of Bulb transfer to Octopus..... (we should just nationalise it) I have heard that the total cost of taking back ownership of it all would be just shy of £3 billion .. How thats arrived at .. no idea.

Rees-Smug is similarly unhinged

The list of available speakers will be a very, very short one…….

Seriously though, I’ve complained about authoritarianism over many recent issues but the way they’re attacking both the ordinary British public and long standing British traditions and norms is absolutely unhinged. Having an almost completely complicit media, totally dependent on government ‘advertising’ to keep going, and often owned by off shore billionaires, is worse than having no media at all.

Hopefully the opposition can wake up and point out these assaults of freedom that are taking place on an almost daily basis.

Phillip Larkin - written in 1972

I thought it would last my time -
The sense that, beyond the town,
There would always be fields and farms,
Where the village louts could climb
Such trees as were not cut down;
I knew there'd be false alarms

In the papers about old streets
And split level shopping, but some
Have always been left so far;
And when the old part retreats
As the bleak high-risers come
We can always escape in the car.

Things are tougher than we are, just
As earth will always respond
However we mess it about;
Chuck filth in the sea, if you must:
The tides will be clean beyond.
- But what do I feel now? Doubt?

Or age, simply? The crowd
Is young in the M1 cafe;
Their kids are screaming for more -
More houses, more parking allowed,
More caravan sites, more pay.
On the Business Page, a score

Of spectacled grins approve
Some takeover bid that entails
Five per cent profit (and ten
Per cent more in the estuaries): move
Your works to the unspoilt dales
(Grey area grants)! And when

You try to get near the sea
In summer . . .
It seems, just now,
To be happening so very fast;
Despite all the land left free
For the first time I feel somehow
That it isn't going to last,

That before I snuff it, the whole
Boiling will be bricked in
Except for the tourist parts -
First slum of Europe: a role
It won't be hard to win,
With a cast of crooks and tarts.

And that will be England gone,
The shadows, the meadows, the lanes,
The guildhalls, the carved choirs.
There'll be books; it will linger on
In galleries; but all that remains
For us will be concrete and tyres.

Most things are never meant.
This won't be, most likely; but greeds
And garbage are too thick-strewn
To be swept up now, or invent
Excuses that make them all needs.
I just think it will happen, soon.

Use of "Equilibrium" in an economics context usually translates as "I am talking bollocks".

You hilariously there have quoted an economist who claims that Brexit was a great idea because the open borders policy of the EU distorts the labour market. Big fan of his are you?

Talking bollocks indeed.

You hilariously there have quoted an economist who claims that Brexit was a great idea because the open borders policy of the EU distorts the labour market.

Talking bollocks indeed.

Yes and then went on to admit he got it wrong.

I seem to recall he based it on his experience of meeting European workers in London not the dirty northern post industrial wastelands or southern market towns that voted to send them all back.

Probably because mass unskilled immigration wasn't the cause but the symptom of rentier capitalism which squeezes the incomes of low wage earners.

Did you bother to watch the clip where he pointed out that capitalism works as an economic system because it is full of inequality or was actually clicking play beneath you?

Maybe pop over to the US politics thread, there's people in there crying out for your hot takes.

Yes and then went on to admit he got it wrong.

I seem to recall he based it on his experience of meeting European workers in London not the dirty northern post industrial wastelands or southern market towns that voted to send them all back.

Sounds good. Feel free to source this.

Maybe pop over to the US politics thread, there's people in there crying out for your hot takes.

I guess that's where we differ, because nobody has ever remotely cared about anything that you've ever said on here, ever. I literally have no idea who you are and can't remember a single interaction we've ever had. That's the height of the impression you've made.

Sounds good. Feel free to source this.

"Call the whole thing off"

"I failed to fully grasp the northern Ireland issue"

I could also link the debunking economics podcast episode "bad time for Brexit" but as you didn’t have time to watch the other video I doubt it would be worth your time. I'll leave you to find that yourself.

I guess that's where we differ, because nobody has ever remotely cared about anything that you've ever said on here, ever. I literally have no idea who you are and can't remember a single interaction we've ever had. That's the height of the impression you've made.

I changed my username last week, it was the alternative one I had in mind when I created my account. I'll leave you to work it out megamind.

You're an attention-seeking pseudo intellectual savant who reads half a section on Wikipedia and thinks he has fully grasped a subject. I'm embarrassed for you.

I've been a consumer of the content he produces for probably the best part of 7 or 8 years. Numerous articles, hundreds if not thousands of hours of audio and video, whereas you have read an out of date section on wikipedia.

Maybe grow some humility, you make Will Hunting seem like a well adjusted young man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.