The Conservative Party

View attachment 55988
As sure as day follows night....

regardless of party they are all just free loading ****'s aren't they? As soon as they get the expenses system explained to them they don't ask " eh? - how is that right?" - its " do I have to bring my own bread to dip?" and get the answer " I am afraid you do - but you may claim the cost back on expenses of course"

regardless of party they are all just free loading ****'s aren't they? As soon as they get the expenses system explained to them they don't ask " eh? - how is that right?" - its " do I have to bring my own bread to dip?" and get the answer " I am afraid you do - but you may claim the cost back on expenses of course"
Nice try. "Regardless of party..."

Nope, these companies already pay a big chunk of tax on their profits. Truss wants to solve the energy crisis long term by encouraging them to invest, you don't do that by confiscating their profits.
And how do you encourage have a quite word, then maybe after all these years they might just start doing something after all these years they have never done before by investing in the infrastructure instead of lining their executive and shareholders pockets, Then maybe if I just believe enough I can flap my arms enough I will take flight.

And here's the evidence that you are living in cloud cuckoo land

Investor payouts have hit a record high as energy companies cash in on the oil and gas crisis which has left households facing soaring bills.

Global dividends surged 11.3pc to an all-time quarterly high of $544.8bn (£463.2bn) in the second quarter of 2022, according to investment firm Janus Henderson, as soaring cash flows from high oil prices funded chunky payouts.

Energy behemoths BP, Shell and British Gas owner Centrica are among those to have announced massive profits, dividend payments and share buybacks in the past month after benefiting from huge rises in the oil and gas market.

Last edited:
Nope, these companies already pay a big chunk of tax on their profits. Truss wants to solve the energy crisis long term by encouraging them to invest, you don't do that by confiscating their profits.
You give them a choice between reinvesting or paying a fuck tonne of tax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.