The Conservative Party

Chief Secretary to the Treasury: "since Labour's financial crisis..."
Who needs anything realistic when you can glibly spew things like that.

Feels like they know they're fucked at the next General Election, so are grabbing what they can whilst they can, and don't care about the consequences.

If they do lose the next election, they're setting up Labour for a massive win in their first budget.

"Liz Truss' cut of the 45p tax rate for people earning over £150,000 cost the treasury £XBillion over the last 2 years, we're bringing it back and using that money to [insert policy here]".

The changes to Income tax and NI will give someone on a £1 million salary an extra £55,000 per year to spend - an extra 10.2%.
Meanwhile, someone on £25k will have an extra £285 per year - an extra 1.4%.

How do they justify this shit? The answer of course is they don't bother and will just tell lies when attention is drawn to it.

Plus of course if the million pound employee is a banker, the sky's the limit.

They know they're screwed so they might as well make themselves some cash before they crash!

The idea of businesses investing the money I can understand, with tax relief. I don't believe it will happen, but there are counter arguments from people with much more knowledge than me that suggests it does. However, making individuals richer will have no benefit. They clearly think that will lead to them spending more cash too which will filter down, but that's so obviously not going to happen.

If they do lose the next election, they're setting up Labour for a massive win in their first budget.

"Liz Truss' cut of the 45p tax rate for people earning over £150,000 cost the treasury £XBillion over the last 2 years, we're bringing it back and using that money to [insert policy here]".

using that money to pay for mass immigration and asylum seekers that will destroy the economy.

Labour cannot win!

I've said before that Labour should be releasing every single set of statistics they can come up with to show the lies and who benefitted, if elected.

Of course, they'll have a horrible 5 years, and changing the voting scheme may be the best move to prevent short term memory kicking them back out.

Wikipedia tells me she is the daughter of two teachers, her Dad being a labour supporter influenced her political outlook. Oxford educated and went to LSE as well and is married to the former speech writer for Gordon Brown who is now Director General for Finance at the Department for Work and Pensions. Fun conversations in that house!

Her sister and brother-in-law are both Labour MPs too.

Ultimately she's have the usual labour problems because she's more centre left. It does feel as though this country needs a social democratic party which can form a proper opposition and not suffer infighting and issues caused by the Unions and left wing influencers.
I was a pupil of one of those teachers.

I dont see her or Labour having much of a problem right now. The projections in the polls were a circa 20 seat majority even ahead of this disaster budget. The fact Labour could get in without the SNP losing many seats tells you that this tory government are an absolute shit show. The SNP took a massive number of seats of Labour and Lib Dem. Looks like they can win without them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.