The Conservative Party

Council Tax will be just like University tuition fees. When the Government said universities could put them up to a maximum of X, well, stone the crows, they all put them up to X. Councils will raise the limit to the maximum irrespective.

I thought the government were painting an overly gloomy picture ahead of today's statement so that a really grim statement wouldn't be quite as bad as we all expected and they could pretend they'd achieved a miracle. Seems I was wrong and it's every bit as bad if not worse.

What's taken all the time in giving the go-ahead to Sizewell C? How long have they been in decision making positions to green light this say 10 years ago?!?!

It could take 15/20 years for this to get through all the legal/planning, let alone actually building this, so not very helpful any time soon.

We've got an abundance of cold wet windy weather pretty much most of the year so serious consideration of tidal power, heat pumps as well as wind turbine would have been good.

Mr **** pointing out that charging vat in private school fees would only raise a billion and put extra strain on state schools, so he won't do that!!!!!!!

On the plus side I'm sure the poor and disadvantaged in the North and in Scotland will be delighted to see Norfolk and Suffolk will get elected mayor's.......

Don't know what the official word of the year will be, but for me 2022 can be summed up by penury.

Any accountants out there?
I've just read that last January the Government changed the rules on accounting for interest paid on government debt by charging all the interest in year one instead of the previous practice of spreading it over the lifetime of the debt.
Apparently if we went back to the old method it would wipe out the fiscal 'black hole' entirely and generate an extra 14bn on top!
Sorted?

I thought the government were painting an overly gloomy picture ahead of today's statement so that a really grim statement wouldn't be quite as bad as we all expected and they could pretend they'd achieved a miracle. Seems I was wrong and it's every bit as bad if not worse.
Watching vox pops in recent weeks, it’s been fascinating to hear people complain about just how awful things are. Alas, it’s about to get a whole lot worse and for much longer, too.

Or necessity being the catalyst for invention…

The high street is changing. If it means osome corporate landlords go bust, then that’s no bad thing.

Instead of office workers going to Pret or Subway at lunchtime, they’ll Deliveroo it to their houses.
I'm seeing that first hand in mine.

A whole paved Street in the city centre has only one shop on it now. COVID has taken the others out. An application has just been made to turn some of them into student accommodation instead.

We have a high student population here and I'd rather see the application be for affordable professional accomodation. They seem to be new cash cows.

As the Tories are making harder for lower class kids to get into higher education this will continue as fleecing kids paid for by the bank of mum and dad is more profitable.

Also lots of social media ads of pretty people trying to sell remote working to kids who can't afford uni as a big earner, when it will be another race to the bottom. I expect to see the American style adverts for them coming soon. Promoting freedom from the office etc.

Council Tax will be just like University tuition fees. When the Government said universities could put them up to a maximum of X, well, stone the crows, they all put them up to X. Councils will raise the limit to the maximum irrespective.
They have too. Sunak admitted himself his rules make sure government money goes to nice Tory council whilst scummy labour ones can go fuck themselves.

Or necessity being the catalyst for invention…

The high street is changing. If it means osome corporate landlords go bust, then that’s no bad thing.

Instead of office workers going to Pret or Subway at lunchtime, they’ll Deliveroo it to their houses.
I can't see the catalyst for invention because so far we haven't invented anything that will solve the problem. We needed massive nuclear investment for example 20 years ago and it's here today when we most need it that we haven't got it. It's also provably true that people are not willing to pay for it given the expense.

UK CO2 outputs are now low but only because virtually all of our industrial manufacturing is now done in China where CO2 levels are consequentially sky high.

We're so called in a climate emergency but we're least able to impact it globally unless we choose to suffer which is to stop buying imported stuff or to pay more for it to be made locally and more sustainably. How many people are doing that and choosing that though? How many people shop in the farm shop vs go out for the cheapest food which often comes from abroad? Very few, it's a hypocrisy.

When you talk of corporate landlords who do you mean? Pension funds are amongst the biggest investors in property so I'm guessing you don't want a pension?

The personal allownan e freeze is nkt made enough of, it used to go up about £200 a year it’s now remaining the same until 2028, that’s 7 years so £1400 roughly, that’s a £100 a month give or take by 2028. Ye fuck this lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.