The Conservative Party

So working people who save up and invest in stocks and shares are now being punished? The £6k threshold is f*cking ridiculous. We live in a materialistic society where many choose to opt for expensive clothes, cars and holidays whilst then wondering why they can't get on the housing ladder and are in debt. Meanwhile those who save are now having their pants pulled down.

On top of that, the help towards energy bills is being reduced next year combined with increases in council tax. This Autumn statement screws over working people and those who do the right thing.
The only way around it is to have it in a stocks and shares isa. 20k per year is enough of a limit for the majority of people, particularly if you are also contributing to a pension scheme which also provides tax relief.
Beyond that you are covering a niche group in the very high income bracket who aren’t wealthy enough to set up tax efficient wrappers such as trusts or start looking at offshore accounts (the Cayman Islands bunch) which allow a 5% tax free drawdown each year.

I am fucking furious with this shower of shit.
Now I am in the fortunate position that I will not be in the shit, but only because I made my very last mortgage payment last month (32 years in the making), so suddenly I have 700 quid a month extra to cover my outgoing expenses.
I was going to up my food bank contributions but due to the fact that my son in law has just lost his job I am going to be paying (unofficially) half their rent as they really cant afford it, because universal credit is so generous

The only way around it is to have it in a stocks and shares isa. 20k per year is enough of a limit for the majority of people, particularly if you are also contributing to a pension scheme which also provides tax relief.
Beyond that you are covering a niche group in the very high income bracket who aren’t wealthy enough to set up tax efficient wrappers such as trusts or start looking at offshore accounts (the Cayman Islands bunch) which allow a 5% tax free drawdown each year.

I agree with the ISA

I wouldn't restrict those investing in to a high income bracket. Many companies offer share schemes which workers pay in to (which is capped) but you can see strong yields which exceed £6k subject to how much workers pay in.

Now I am in the fortunate position that I will not be in the shit, but only because I made my very last mortgage payment last month (32 years in the making), so suddenly I have 700 quid a month extra to cover my outgoing expenses.
I was going to up my food bank contributions but due to the fact that my son in law has just lost his job I am going to be paying (unofficially) half their rent as they really cant afford it, because universal credit is so generous
Aah yes… the financial roller-coaster provided by the party of stability .

I agree with the ISA

I wouldn't restrict those investing in to a high income bracket. Many companies offer share schemes which workers pay in to (which is capped) but you can see strong yields which exceed £6k subject to how much workers pay in.
I think you need to appreciate that the majority of companies don’t offer such perks.
I know it’s frustrating when your tax burden increases, believe me the changing of the highest tax rate boundary will mean I’m considerably worse off next year but I’m also not sat there wondering how I’m gonna put food on the table or heat the house. I also don’t want to live in a society with no NHS, no social services and with many people in abject poverty. Even at a purely selfish level, the more desperate people become the higher the crime rates will be.

I have just taken all my money out of my S & S ISA. It lost over £8k in the last few years and was constantly going down whilst management fees were reducing it even further. My pension pot has also lost £11k in the same period. Is it really worth going for a S & S ISA again?

An amazing stat I heard the other day the last prime minister to stand for re election and not get in was Ted Heath, all the others have been pushed out by their own parties, Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, Johnson and Truss!

So working people who save up and invest in stocks and shares are now being punished? The £6k threshold is f*cking ridiculous. We live in a materialistic society where many choose to opt for expensive clothes, cars and holidays whilst then wondering why they can't get on the housing ladder and are in debt. Meanwhile those who save are now having their pants pulled down.

On top of that, the help towards energy bills is being reduced next year combined with increases in council tax. This Autumn statement screws over working people and those who do the right thing.
Stocks and shares ISA gains are not subject to CGT.

Have they tried being richer? ( asking for JRM )

We've been hearing the same old tired bullshit for over twelve years now. "Choppy waters", "balance the books", "unafraid to take the difficult decisions", "party of compassion", just florid rhetoric from Oxbridge old boys who are completely out of touch with reality. Jeremy C**t was participating in the usual woe-is-me radio round this morning, saying he can't be expected to ease financial burdens by taxing the wealthiest. Why not? Is their money not worth the paper it's printed on? Nope, they're just nailing their true colours to the mast. Genuine question, can anyone ever remember the economy being in healthy stasis whilst they have been in power? Yet they are still, inexplicably, voted in. "Economy" is a get-out-of-jail-free term that all these stuck up cunts have in their salvo, to deflect any meaningful criticism or accountability.

Sick to my stomach of the lot of them. Hope they crash and burn in the next GE.
Yep good points, the next GE will be a landslide, the question is by how many Labour will win by.
Hopefully Labour will have a good and better plan for everything, at the moment I don't see it. They will get my vote though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.