The Conservative Party

As the Tories want to take us back to Dickensian ways, i offer up this lovely quote from Mr. Jaggers, Great Expectations:(

“Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better rule.”

if only we could have all applied it consistently to politics.

Chester is hardly a grim industrial city where you expect Labour to win every time. It was tory in 2010 and Labour won it back by 43.2 vs 43.1 in 2015. And the former Labour MP resigned with a scandal so that seat should be fairly reflective of tory chances in general.

A 61 vs 22 result will give the members plenty to ponder.

Probably after seeing that result last night was the catalyst for Javid deciding not to stand at the next GE. "Stood down" will always look better on your CV than " voted out in the biggest Tory defeat on record "

Sajid Javid
View attachment 62519
His hedge fund most probably.
The timing of his announcement is no accident. No need for him to say anything at this time. He is a member of the non lunatic caucus. The fact he is going is pretty daming as assuming they lose the next GE and RS quits he would have a strong shot at leader.

As a calculation though he possibly thinks he might lose his seat. And if he does hold, what ruins would be left to lead, what prospectsof success anytime soon. The party is currently built on loyalty to Johnson and Brexit. A great purge of intellectuals was required to get them in to this shape. Such a dirth of talent. Nothing good to implement and a horrendous economic record.

Javid is basically saying this is not my mess and someone else can fix it.

We were down at Tesco this morning and a young lady was handing out leaflets to everyone almost begging people to give to the food bank. We have dropped to this and warm banks in our village. How do we get shot of this shower before the next two years??

Chester result....

Samantha Dixon (Labour) 17,309 (61.22%, +11.58%)
Liz Wardlaw (Conservative) 6,335 (22.40%, -15.93%)
Rob Herd (Liberal Democrat) 2,368 (8.37%, +1.53%)
And that's in a by-election caused by the misdemeanour of the previous Labour MP (I was on the same pub quiz team once) - if only Tories caught in misdemeanours would resign so readily, we'd soon whittle down their majority.

We were only ’Special’ when we had an input on Europe. On the outside, we’re no longer useful.
Of course we have a special relationship with the USA. As in "special pleading": "Applying standards, principles, and/or rules to other people or circumstances, while making oneself or certain circumstances exempt from the same critical criteria, without providing adequate justification. Special pleading is often a result of strong emotional beliefs that interfere with reason."

The timing of his announcement is no accident. No need for him to say anything at this time. He is a member of the non lunatic caucus. The fact he is going is pretty daming as assuming they lose the next GE and RS quits he would have a strong shot at leader.

As a calculation though he possibly thinks he might lose his seat. And if he does hold, what ruins would be left to lead, what prospectsof success anytime soon. The party is currently built on loyalty to Johnson and Brexit. A great purge of intellectuals was required to get them in to this shape. Such a dirth of talent. Nothing good to implement and a horrendous economic record.

Javid is basically saying this is not my mess and someone else can fix it.

I can't see him losing Bromsgrove without a complete wipeout happening.

I think he's unacceptable to the Johnsonites as he was the first to quit, and the one who then made a critical resignation speech.

I agree that he's decided that it's unsalvageable.

I can't see him losing Bromsgrove without a complete wipeout happening.

I think he's unacceptable to the Johnsonites as he was the first to quit, and the one who then made a critical resignation speech.

I agree that he's decided that it's unsalvageable.
I assume that the likes of Javid in these ultra safe seats have realised they have a fight on. They can't just drift to another victory, everything is marginal now. And as a non lunatic does he want to fight for the shit show that is the tories. Or does he want to go back to the private sector and a 6/7 figure salary. The non lunnies have gained the upper hand since the Truss debacle. But the wider position of the party is very much aligned to their BS agenda.

The timing here is intended to send a message. Disassociation from the electoral result and underlying cause. And giving up on turning it around.

We were down at Tesco this morning and a young lady was handing out leaflets to everyone almost begging people to give to the food bank. We have dropped to this and warm banks in our village. How do we get shot of this shower before the next two years??
Riot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.