The Conservative Party

I assume that the likes of Javid in these ultra safe seats have realised they have a fight on. They can't just drift to another victory, everything is marginal now. And as a non lunatic does he want to fight for the shit show that is the tories. Or does he want to go back to the private sector and a 6/7 figure salary. The non lunnies have gained the upper hand since the Truss debacle. But the wider position of the party is very much aligned to their BS agenda.

The timing here is intended to send a message. Disassociation from the electoral result and underlying cause. And giving up on turning it around.

The timing may be a dig at the party, but they were all asked a couple of weeks back which caused the recent announcements by others.
He won't struggle to get a banking job though, so it doesn't make too much difference - just allows him to be open about looking for a job rather than trying not to get spotted.

If it's not made public now, it would be pretty obvious when they start touting Bromsgrove to others.

I think it's separate, but I don't think the loonies/ERG have lost that much yet. They can still cause defeat on a vote by voting against it.

If it's not made public now, it would be pretty obvious when they start touting Bromsgrove to others.

I think it's separate, but I don't think the loonies/ERG have lost that much yet. They can still cause defeat on a vote by voting against it.
Bromsgrove majority 23,106
Uxbridge majority 7,210

"Dear Boris...."

The ERG would have to vote with Labour to defeat the government. (Are the current Tory whips all on Sunak's side or do any still represent the loony wing?)

. (Are the current Tory whips all on Sunak's side or do any still represent the loony wing?)
I think they’re more ‘moderate’ and on his side, assuming I have identified them all and properly: Simon Hart, Marcus Jones, Rebecca Harris, and Jo Churchill. Then again, what is a moderate?

Sunak reportedly has 7 ERG members in his Cabinet: Cleverly, Braverman, Mordaunt, Gove, Coffey, Trevelyan, and Heaton-Harris.

We were down at Tesco this morning and a young lady was handing out leaflets to everyone almost begging people to give to the food bank. We have dropped to this and warm banks in our village. How do we get shot of this shower before the next two years??

Same at my local Tesco at lunch

I think they’re more ‘moderate’ and on his side, assuming I have identified them all and properly: Simon Hart, Marcus Jones, Rebecca Harris, and Jo Churchill. Then again, what is a moderate?

Sunak reportedly has 7 ERG members in his Cabinet: Cleverly, Braverman, Mordaunt, Gove, Coffey, Trevelyan, and Heaton-Harris.
That is a good question. The one nation wing were put in their place by BJ. It was made very clear they had to get behind the Brexit at all costs policy or leave. Many left. But Hunt is one who stayed. May is still there. These are big hitters in the party and are remainers at their core. Then you have Rishy who was a leaver but never an ERG member. Boris was not a leaver until the opportunity to lead the out campaign was up for grabs. So there's all sorts of groups and factions at work. I think the bottom line is the ERG are the biggest single group but they are outnumbered 2.1 by non ERG of various views on how loony the policy should be. None will feel like they are getting what they want.

Bromsgrove majority 23,106
Uxbridge majority 7,210

"Dear Boris...."

The ERG would have to vote with Labour to defeat the government. (Are the current Tory whips all on Sunak's side or do any still represent the loony wing?)

Uxbridge is definitely iffy, all those students there...

I was thinking that some of the more Brexity nonsense could see them issuing an ultimatum - if they don't then follow through with it, they're broken.

I read the context of that as referring to staying on for the remaining lifetime of this parliament.
Yes, you’re probably right. I do hope all that sitting in the House and holding surgeries doesn’t get in the way of him landing some plum roles for himself. We don’t want him having to use food banks or, worse still, degrading himself on reality television.

You can get sin and secure from sinecure, but although the word is there, there is no cure from it…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.