The Conservative Party

everything they touch is a winner eh?

everything they touch is a winner eh?

If they sell, it will either be to another landlord or someone buying rather than renting.

Seems the Tories are also the same sort of shithouse that rags & dip fans are...... we're not winning, it's boring, not the same anymore, no money in it for us, didn't 'sign-up' for not winning anything etc

Everyone knows being a public servant is about winning. Not so much your constituents but you on a personal level.

Seems the Tories are also the same sort of shithouse that rags & dip fans are...... we're not winning, it's boring, not the same anymore, no money in it for us, didn't 'sign-up' for not winning anything etc
I think it’s even more obviously self-serving. The current crop of Conservative MPs know that they must exit politics now if they are to exploit the connections in the private domain that they have made over the last decade.

I went down a veritable rabbit burrow the other day, looking at ex-MPs who had left Parliament, of their own volition, and are now working privately in areas where their parliamentary ‘expertise’ would have put them into direct contact with their now employer.

A decade in oppositions would see those connections weaken, so it’s unsurprising that so many are jumping now.

Good grief, now Truss's speechwriter says the Treasury didn't warn Truss that the budget would be a disaster.

Just Sunak and everyone else during the leadership campaign then.

I think it’s even more obviously self-serving. The current crop of Conservative MPs know that they must exit politics now if they are to exploit the connections in the private domain that they have made over the last decade.

I went down a veritable rabbit burrow the other day, looking at ex-MPs who had left Parliament, of their own volition, and are now working privately in areas where their parliamentary ‘expertise’ would have put them into direct contact with their now employer.

A decade in oppositions would see those connections weaken, so it’s unsurprising that so many are jumping now.

It's really distressing to see some of them building their next career/emergency exit in plain sight. My current MP is completely shameless in building up his talking head profile on various right wing media channels, though I suspect if he could get into more mainstream he would. I can't remember the last time I saw it reported that he'd done something substantive for his constituents. He's of retirement age and probably wouldn't have stood at the next GE anyway but to see him spending his time positioning himself for a few cushy gigs post career is pretty offensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.