The Conservative Party

It's really distressing to see some of them building their next career/emergency exit in plain sight. My current MP is completely shameless in building up his talking head profile on various right wing media channels, though I suspect if he could get into more mainstream he would. I can't remember the last time I saw it reported that he'd done something substantive for his constituents. He's of retirement age and probably wouldn't have stood at the next GE anyway but to see him spending his time positioning himself for a few cushy gigs post career is pretty offensive.
In some respects, I‘m less concerned about those whoring themselves in the public eye. After all, there is so much media that somebody/something has to fill it, and I doubt they’re being paid more than tuppence for their tuppence worths; if they are you’d want change. What I‘m less comfortable with are those MPs that have had either junior minister roles or serve on select committees but rarely make the public eye. These are the ones who are then landing jobs but where it is terribly difficult to determine whose payroll they are on and since when. The press really ought to be tracking these people, as it is in the public interest to know what is happening, but even with some in the press the distinction reporter and government servant is increasingly blurred.

In some respects, I‘m less concerned about those whoring themselves in the public eye. After all, there is so much media that somebody/something has to fill it, and I doubt they’re being paid more than tuppence for their tuppence worths; if they are you’d want change. What I‘m less comfortable with are those MPs that have had either junior minister roles or serve on select committees but rarely make the public eye. These are the ones who are then landing jobs but where it is terribly difficult to determine whose payroll they are on and since when. The press really ought to be tracking these people, as it is in the public interest to know what is happening, but even with some in the press the distinction reporter and government servant is increasingly blurred.

You're absolutely right, whilst it might annoy me to see the behaviour waved in our faces, what happens in the shadows is of much greater concern.

Good grief, now Truss's speechwriter says the Treasury didn't warn Truss that the budget would be a disaster.

Just Sunak and everyone else during the leadership campaign then.

I guess that makes everything all square since she wasn’t told she’s an absolute knob head….

Reactions: Vic
Can’t strike, can’t protest, can’t vote. How is Rishi Putin going to do it?

It's bizarre that they never follow an idea through to it's conclusion.

They think "How do we stop strikes? Make them illegal!" but then never manage to progress towards what will happen next, which is inevitably that nurses leave the NHS, fewer and fewer people train to become nurses and we're generally fucked in 5, 10, 15 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.